O&P template statement

I’m new to the roofing game as of Oct. I have been lurking here for a bit over a month and really appreciate all of you who post helpful info for us that are still learning. I work with supplementing and compliance and have loads to learn. I had recently come across a post here about O&P which had a very brief statement of how the property owner could request O&P but I cannot find it now. Can someone direct me to the post if they know what statement I might be referring to? Thank you again for sharing your expertise and knowledge!

I have a letter, if you want to send me your email address I would be happy to send it to you.

Look at the Supplement Tool for Restoration AI www.restorationai.com

There are multiple statements in the tool for O&P.

Hello, is this something you could send me as well? It would be much appreciated!

Do you do all your supplementing yourself? If so, I’d recommend hiring a third party to help you with supplementing until you get the hang of it. The cost is always justified as they will get you plenty more than you would on your own, and you can learn a lot about which items are worth fighting for and which are not.

I haven’t read the specific article that you’re referring to but you should be aware that all carriers, adjusters, situations, etc. are different. Some adjusters are easy to work with and will give O&P with the slightest justification of complexity, and others won’t pay it even if you’re doing 10 trades on the job. It’s all very opinion-based, and nothing in supplementing is 100% true all the time.

Also, some will give you O&P on all the trades, but the roof. That’s always a fun one to argue about.

It is a good idea to have a gameplan and to be consistent with your supplementing. There are multiple ways to skin a cat, and you’ll figure out what works best for you and your company. Again, I’d highly recommend checking out a third-party supplement company and using them for a while as you’ll learn a lot. We have some good references on our site if you’d like to check that out as well. https://aspenleafroofing.com/

If you want some referrals for supplementing, I’d be happy to suggest a few. I’ve used 5 in the last year.

-Adam
Aspen Leaf Roofing
Northern Colorado

Adam, Any chance you’d be willing to spare 5 minutes for a quick phone call? I have a couple follow up questions about your experience with third-party supplementing companies, and I also wanted to see how your drone inspects were going. If you are willing, please feel free to send your phone number to adam@cardinal-roof.com.

Adam,
Birmingham, AL

Hi I’m new to the roofing industry and have been coming across this same problem as well. I would really appreciate it :pray:if I could some insight on how to handle this issue as well. Thanks