One pro One con for hand nail and gun nail

I know this is the debate. I know the skill of the worker is key and the ever popular “there are pros and cons for each”

Please give your opinion. In terms of the homeowner:
Biggest pro for hand nail?
Biggest con for hand nail?

Biggest pro for gun?
Biggest con for gun?

Like you say ,it depends alot on the operator.It’s easier to teach a guy to do quality work with a roofing hatchet and nails,but a hammer and nails doesn’t mean a guy is doing good work.It’s a lot easier to be sloppy with a gun but doesn’t mean the guy with the gun has to be sloppy.Concerning nails going in straight or flush,hammer and nails should be more accurate,doesn’t mean it is.Depends a lot on the operator.

[quote=“dadcjd”]I know this is the debate. I know the skill of the worker is key and the ever popular “there are pros and cons for each”

Please give your opinion. In terms of the homeowner:
Biggest pro for hand nail?
Biggest con for hand nail?

Biggest pro for gun?
Biggest con for gun?[/quote]

Answer for all: Price. A hand nail’ed roof should cost more.

There is a larger sub company somewhere west of around here who does nothing but hand nail. They pay the subs regular pay (I’m not 100% sure). I’m not sure what the price range is for what they charge.

and riding a horse drawn carrige to work is a lot better than driving a car or truck.

%between%http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-050.gif that is true…it all depends on installer.

pros for horse drawn carriage: better for the enviornment, less expensive, self satisfaction.

cons for horse drawn carriage: slower, it stinks when the horse shits, or has gas. inclement weather makes travel suck. harder to pick up chicks, and with the lack of suspension, it makes the ride pretty rouch to drink coffee, text, or write anything while riding. its also very noisy, so cell phone conversations are also a hassle.

Think Ill stick to using a truck . …

Hovercraft

Think ill also stick to my nail guns and technology.
I also prefer my skill saw as opposed to a hand saw.

They have powered saws now?

[quote=“Agape”]

pros for horse drawn carriage: better for the enviornment, less expensive, self satisfaction.

cons for horse drawn carriage: slower, it stinks when the horse *^(#$#, or has gas. inclement weather makes travel suck. harder to pick up chicks, and with the lack of suspension, it makes the ride pretty rouch to drink coffee, text, or write anything while riding. its also very noisy, so cell phone conversations are also a hassle.[/quote]

They got leaf springs. There’s a few parts of our state where you see lots of them. SMV sign on the back. Gotta suck in the winter with no heat.

I still hand nail, while wearing my fig leaf underwear