Online advertising

does anyone advertise on yahoo or google sites?

We do. What’s your question?

thanks, should have been more specific. What are the rates? i would appreciate any help that you could provide, were really are new to the internet advertising.
We just has our website up and running, not the best but a work in progress

Let me give a brief overview of how online advertising works:
Online Advertising takes 3 or 4 forms:
1 - Google Adwords
2 - Online News
3 - Blogs
4 - Online word of mouth

Bottom two are cheap and in most cases free of cost. Top 2 cost money.

1 - Google Adwords.
Cost varies depending upon the business you are in and your target market. In addition, it also depends upon the keywords you target. I did some research on your website and it seems that it not at all Search Engine Optimized which can send you organic traffic (traffic for free). In addition, it seems that you have work to make your website more beautiful for visitors. You must look into hiring a web designer or SEO expert to help you. They may charge you approx $200-$350. This is important because even if you manage to get traffic on your website by paying google you don’t want to lose customers. I know the people who helped me out. Example: Try searching for “Genie Bazaar” or “Genie Freelancers” or “Genie Remodelers” in Google you will see my website at number 1. Each visit to your website (considering roofing and siding as your target market) it should cost you approx $1.5 per click.

Online News: This is an advanced stage which you should pursue after you have optimized your website and have kicked off your Google Adwords program.

Let me know in case you need any references/referrals.

Thanks.

Why this on your site? I’d run like H if I even found the site.
" Your Current Location » Home

Terms Of Use
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND Skytech Construction

The Skytech Construction Web Site is comprised of various Web pages operated by Skytech Construction.

The Skytech Construction Web Site is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of the Skytech Construction Web Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.

MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS OF USE

Skytech Construction reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Skytech Construction Web Site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Skytech Construction Web Site.

LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES

The Skytech Construction Web Site may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of Skytech Construction and Skytech Construction is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. Skytech Construction is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. Skytech Construction is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Skytech Construction of the site or any association with its operators.

NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE

As a condition of your use of the Skytech Construction Web Site, you warrant to Skytech Construction that you will not use the Skytech Construction Web Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. You may not use the Skytech Construction Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Skytech Construction Web Site or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Skytech Construction Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Skytech Construction Web Sites., etc, etc,"

These Keyword phrases you’re using don’t seem like the keyword phrases a potential client would type into Google to look for a roofer to me:
“Type” /><meta id=“MetaGenerator” "

And why must somebody register and sign into your site? To contact you?
Not being snide, but I think you should do some more work on the site. Look at mine to see some of my keyword phrases for an example.
Rewording and deleting some things would be a good way to spend a winter day or even two.

[quote=“tinner666”]These Keyword phrases you’re using don’t seem like the keyword phrases a potential client would type into Google to look for a roofer to me:
“Type” /><meta id=“MetaGenerator” "

And why must somebody register and sign into your site? To contact you?
Not being snide, but I think you should do some more work on the site. Look at mine to see some of my keyword phrases for an example.
Rewording and deleting some things would be a good way to spend a winter day or even two.[/quote]

Just a heads up. Meta Keywords are not used for ranking purposes by Google or any other website. Optimize your Meta Description section (which is again not used by Google for ranking purposes but is visible when someone searches in Google). It helps in attracting people to click on your search result.

Im being honest i have zero add words and im number 3 with roofing sales techquies. Sorry for the mispell. Check it out.

Online advertising is a must you have to have it with all the adwords and bells and whistles.

What’s the name of the website? Couldn’t find it in top 3.

AdWords don’t help you to rank higher. They are marketing toold to get more people in from front door for a buck. SEO helps in ranking higher. There are only 89,000 pages for that keyword which means that not many people are searching for this keyword online. SEO helps in ranking website amongst top 5 or 10 for competitve terms which have more than 1 million search pages

roofing sales techniques look that up on google and you wil see roofing.com and my name gtp1003.

no ads words just key words. thats how i got there.

Well the google program you are mentioning is used for advertising not for ranking higher naturally on Google. The reason why your post is there is because this website has better optimization… I’m speaking about smaller websites… even they can rank higher with proper SEO among million pages… I did it and it worked for me like a charm… If I write a post on this website on “Roofing Sales techniques” then that may pip your post off 3rd spot. SEO is very necessary these days. Hope you got the point… Even in that advertising program its essential to target right keywords otherwise one may just waste some money… do consult before putting huge bucks there. Its powerful tool but you must use it with care…

I tried to call a couple of times when I had a moment so you could pick my brain. ( What’s left of it) I only got the answering machine. Give a holler if you think I can help with the website.

I think I disagree. I have had Adwords for almost a yr and a half and I pop up all over the place for Metal Roofing. I think Google links them together.

First, I see newenglandroofing at top for key word Metal Roofing.
Second,
How would you explain first website ranked in google search (non-sponsored) for a keyword? Adwords are specifically made for you if you don’t rank first for a keyword but you still want to attract traffic by paying a cost. Choose any query you want… you will find examples everywhere… To give you an example… if you take the same keyword… bestbuyroofing is also advertising for same keyword… but they aren’t ranking at number 1… not even in top 50? They are using adwords though. Ad words requires professional management so that you dont bet on wrong keywords and create a sad ad… professional agencies help you in managing ad words and search engine optimization… I am speaking from experience and have seen uptick in web visits… i am really satisfied with the person who is managing my ad campaign and optimizing my website.

I’m talking on a local level. I have a strong appearance in WV. I am listed through Newenglandmetalroof.com and it helped even more. If your google adwords keywords or title match up with your web page description and wording it really helps to have them both. Online marketing is tricky though, if your doing it yourself.

There are about millions of live examples on internet which do not obey what you just said… AdWords in no way help you rank higher in organic search… this is also mentioned in Google search policy… “Ranking for a keyword cannot be bought”… paying of adwords and ranking higher would effectively mean the same…
Another example: landscaping-pictures.com search for landscaping pictures they do adwords with same words in title of ad and their website but they are still not on top… adwords and organic have no relationship…

I don’t intend to be rude… but I guess this thread should be informative in nature… don’t just post as if you are sure… I mean if you have doubts mention that you are guessing… it could prove costly to someone who is reading this thread… he may just sign up for adwords thinking that he will rank higher in organic search too. Thanks. Hope you didnt take it in the wrong way