Permanent Roofing Systems shingle paint failure

Anyone else having a problem like I am with the Permanent Roofing Systems shingles from Canada.

The paint is peeling off after 2 years. They refuse to honor their warranty.

Here are pictures

dancingbearakitas.com/prs_roofing_system.htm

Documented on these pages:

permanentroofingsystem.com/
permanentroofingsystem.info/

Sorry I can’t help you but the shape of that roof is very cool. :mrgreen:

[quote=“dyrwolf”]Documented on these pages:

permanentroofingsystem.com/
permanentroofingsystem.info/[/quote]

Why did that opt not to honor the warranty? Why is there a tarp over part of the roof?

In the end, you may want/need to re-paint with an epoxy or something along those lines; maybe Carboline is something you should look into.

They are not honoring the warranty because I am in USA and they are in Canada, and they know the cost for me to sue them is greater than what I could recover. Were they domiciled in the USA, things would be different.

The tarp is on the roof because in that particular picture we had not finished the top courses.

Any automotive finish would be better than the paint on these. You can scratch it off with your fingernail.

Permanent Roofing System out of Quebec is the company.

Be careful.

I guess permanent was a poor choice of words.

Wow, thats too bad.Yoiu really did a wonderful job on the roof.Good luck to ya, I hope they do the right thing-Ray

Its a geodesic dome. They suck to roof!!

I believe one of this forum’s members - pgriz - orr something like that is the owner of the perm roof sys… however he did not post here in over a year…

btw… paint is applied in the factory, where metal coil is produces… so it’s metal supplier’s fault… not really perm roofing sys…

I saw very similar failure on one of Interlock’s roofs in Maine… I even took pictures but misplaced them somewhere… on that roof, only the bottom left corner of each shingle had peeling paint.

[quote=“LAMetalRoofs”]I believe one of this forum’s members - pgriz - orr something like that is the owner of the perm roof sys… however he did not post here in over a year…

btw… paint is applied in the factory, where metal coil is produces… so it’s metal supplier’s fault… not really perm roofing sys…

I saw very similar failure on one of Interlock’s roofs in Maine… I even took pictures but misplaced them somewhere… on that roof, only the bottom left corner of each shingle had peeling paint.[/quote]

This is like the old FRT issue; was it the plywood manufacturer or the wood treatment companies fault?

Likewise, is it Perm’s fault or the applicator of the finish? If it was Kynar, there would be a 20-year warranty on the finish, unless they determine there is acid-rain or something else in the atmosphere that attacked their paint. In other words, most warranties aren’t worth the paper they are printed on.

Like when Follansbee left many of out in the cold for $xxx.xxx’s in the 80’s-90’s.
I saw Paul one day and while we had dinner, he did comment on how his supplier was leaving him out in the cold with issues. I suppose this was the issue.

what a name for a shingle.

gweedo.