Pissed Off customer

we just did a skylight repair on a rubber flat roof, and the customer is complaining drastically about the smell that somehow came from the primer or glue we used to re-flash the skylight, complaining so much so that they spent the night in a motel. We have done 100’s of skylights on rubber roofs over the last 20 years and full rubber installs, and have never had any crap like this happen before, anyone have any ideas on how to handle this?? and take in mind the customers wife is pregnant of course. So right off the bat I would assume they are blowing everything out of proportion.

Thanks

Steve

OR, you could assume that they only want the best possible chance for their unborn child. Just like I thought my wife was blowing the kitty litter thing out of proportion, until I educated myself on the effects of dirty kitty litter, toxoplasmosis and pregnant women.

Maybe their house does stink of Primer

my wife is 3 days from her due date. so i know all too well about it.

even my farts will make her puke these days (not exaggerating)

Oh I understand the whole pregnant wife thing I have 3 kids myself, thing is what do you think we can do to passify these people so as too not end up in some kind of lawsuit. The smell of primer I would not think would be harmful in anyway once it is dry, same with the glue I would think. Just never had this a smell problem come up kind of at a loss as to what to do about it all, offer to pay for the night at the motel. but if the smell is still there, dont see what we could do about it

[quote=“sleevecc”] and take in mind the customers wife is pregnant of course. So right off the bat I would assume they are blowing everything out of proportion.
[/quote]

Either you’ve never lived with a pregnant woman or the one you did live with was the exception. You have your answer right there.

Perfect example of too much information. LOL

[quote=“Agape”]my wife is 3 days from her due date. so i know all too well about it.

even my farts will make her puke these days (not exaggerating)[/quote]

I’m going to have to nominate this one as one of the funniest quotes of the year. Talk about putting things into perspective. Well done! ROTFLMAO

We recently had a tenent call the police and have us arrested for the fumes from an EPDM install. She was not pregnant, just crazy.

I would have those fans running and those windows open.

Tell them you are sorry. Then call it a day. We once had the seventh floor of a hotel in philly evacuate from the smell of EPDM glue. The hotel lost big money. I said sorry and nothing came of it. :shock:

pay for the room,or at least offer, you will be lucky to get paid,they may just be one of “those” kind of people,next time advise customer of possible fumes and schedule accordingly.