Please help! I can't make up my mind and need a decision by Monday! 😳

Hi, all! I need your help with color selection, please! My 70 year old roof has seen better days and needs replacing. I’ve narrowed it down to two selections - GAF Timberline HDZ Barkwood and GAF Timberline HDZ Hickory. The house is currently white with gray trim. Which do you all prefer and why? Or, do you have any other color recommendations? I have to stick with GAF for availability. I need to decide by Monday morning :flushed: Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Like

weatheredwood armorshield

1 Like

Get a sample of each shingle and put it on your roof —stand back (after you get off the ladder) and look at them to see which one you like.

1 Like

Hi, Donl. I have samples of both, but still having trouble making up my mind. I probably can’t go wrong with either, but was wondering what the consensus is here :blush: Thank you for your reply!

Thank you for your reply!

We can’t possibly know your taste, that is why it is always best to put the singles on your roof to decide if it fits the trim pain and overall house color.

1 Like

When stuck on colors, I suggest our customers factor in that lighter colors are more reflective, and aside from lasting longer, they also keep the attic cooler.

Sometimes that’s enough to sway them to the color they’ll choose. Maybe it introduces some logic into a mostly subjective decision.

Good luck.

1 Like

That’s helpful. Thank you, lvoman!

Go for a ride, find a house the same color as yours that has a color you like. The mottled color schemes are not comparable in small samples or single shingles for that matter. It is extremely important to let the lady of the house select the color! You won’t care in a month, if she isn’t happy you’ll hear about it until it gets replaced.

1 Like