Pointer for Metal Roofing

I’m planning to install 16" wide snap together metal roofing, any pointers?
Should I install over good flat shingles?
How to start a 4 way hip roof?
How to prepare the drip edge?
I’m new to this forum so thanks ahead of time.

Read the manufacturers installation instructions. Tear off the shingles, install an underlayment approved by the manufacturer. Square up a line vertically off of one side (you don’t want to back lay any more panels than you have too). I use a drip edge on the bottom that will accept a hymm on the metal but is bent like gutter apron. Use a soft mallet on the metal hard ones tend to leave indentions. Plan on spending a lot of time in the valleys. Good luck

Heres a good pointer. Dont piss into the wind.

Metal Roofing is a good idea. It is long lasting but make sure you go for the right metal roofing company! We got our’s done by Roof Lines East Inc, Toronto.

Here is standing seam install guide, based in Fabral installation video: lametalroof.com/standing-sea … lation.php

If you’re asking questions here perhaps you should remove the “#1” at the end of your Forum name…

Before beginning installation of panels, the installer should examine the substrate or
framing to ensure that all supporting members are straight, level, and plumb to avoid
any panel distortion. All substructures should be designed to meet all necessary code
requirements. and please go through the installation guide

You must have to get consultation from roofer who has great knowledge about it instead of getting rough ideas. Olvera construction has team of experts who are fully dedicated about their work and quality services to their customer. For more information visit our website www(dot)olveraconstruction(dot)net.

Metal roofing is a good choice. It is durable and can last for a while. You made a right decision. :slight_smile:

I like to look at the front of the house and make my metal look even. In other words, I don’t like to see an easy front slope that the roofer could have laid out the roof to be even on the sides. I also hate to see a front slope that the panels aren’t laid out to meet the ridge pole, spaced evenly. I know, it doesn’t work all the time, but I try my best to make it look right.