Possible solution to the deductible dillemma

guys get the Texas department of insurance in on this as I do it works every they are here to help, with my last 4 customers 1 had a 120,000 dollar home with a 1% deductible and the roof was 27 sq on a 4 pitch so were is the money she called me back to say that the 1% deductible was 4600.00 ins fraud
when we got the TDI involved the claim came out to be 22,000.00 not bad for a 3000$ roof job . Now on the other roof 2 story 1% deductible 27 sq gutter siding nationwide ins 1% deductible homw vauled at 240.000
deductible was 2400 claim was 5500 total sorry I cant do your roof for 5500 so off goes the supplements and the next thing you know was the new claim with TDI involved 18,000.00 so stop getting mad and let your customer file a complaint they have to file it then you support it and your life will get better it also help to have a good insurance company to back you up when it is done your customer cancel there insurance and sign up with the one that helped and now full coverage on there home for what it is worth as in a 1% deductible at home value so you have a return customer next time money in the bank

1 Like

[quote=“roofingpro1”]guys get the Texas department of insurance in on this as I do it works every they are here to help, with my last 4 customers 1 had a 120,000 dollar home with a 1% deductible and the roof was 27 sq on a 4 pitch so were is the money she called me back to say that the 1% deductible was 4600.00 ins fraud
when we got the TDI involved the claim came out to be 22,000.00 not bad for a 3000$ roof job . Now on the other roof 2 story 1% deductible 27 sq gutter siding nationwide ins 1% deductible homw vauled at 240.000
deductible was 2400 claim was 5500 total sorry I cant do your roof for 5500 so off goes the supplements and the next thing you know was the new claim with TDI involved 18,000.00 so stop getting mad and let your customer file a complaint they have to file it then you support it and your life will get better it also help to have a good insurance company to back you up when it is done your customer cancel there insurance and sign up with the one that helped and now full coverage on there home for what it is worth as in a 1% deductible at home value so you have a return customer next time money in the bank[/quote]

i have no idea what any of that says.

can someone translate for me?

1 Like

[quote=“Agape”]

[quote=“roofingpro1”]guys get the Texas department of insurance in on this as I do it works every they are here to help, with my last 4 customers 1 had a 120,000 dollar home with a 1% deductible and the roof was 27 sq on a 4 pitch so were is the money she called me back to say that the 1% deductible was 4600.00 ins fraud
deductible was 2400 claim was 5500 total sorry I cant do your roof for 5500 so off goes the supplements and the next thing you know was the new claim with TDI involved 18,000.00 so stop getting mad and let your customer file a complaint they have to file it then you support it and your life will get better it also help to have a good insurance company to back you up when it is done your customer cancel there insurance and sign up with the one that helped and now full coverage on there home for what it is worth as in a 1% deductible at home value so you have a return customer next time money in the bank[/quote]

can someone translate for me?[/quote]

LOL! I thought it was gtp before I checked.

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]

can someone translate for me?

LOL! I thought it was gtp before I checked.[/quote]

Hmmmm,Clear as mud,I think maybe its a coded message,some type of encryption,I think I like the money in the bank idea though,I think

1 Like

hey i did nothing on this other than i wont pay. thats it.

[quote=“RanchHandRoofing”]Auth_Dad, I’m pretty much right there with you.

The bottom line is that in our line of work, it’s a state jail felony to pay deductibles or give any compensation back to a customer (even for a “yard sign advertisement” payment).
[/quote]

Ranch,
I hand out copies of the Texas law, and it seems to work pretty well for discouraging this stuff. I used to pay for sign placement (based on value to me, with no regard to deductible), and that was actually based on a discussion with the TDI. The previous owner of my company told me they had gotten “the lowdown” from TDI and I wanted to check it out for myself. Basically they said, “If it is small and reasonable and legitimate goods or services are being purchased by you, then it isn’t an issue.” Lots of vagueness there, of course.

I NEVER pay for referrals (how can any customer trust a paid referral???), and I no longer offer or pay for advertising. I go in presuming I can place a sign in the yard, and I do. If I leave it there and it gets stolen, then I’m only out $15, and a pay-to-place sign would have been just as stolen and cost me a lot more.

However, the reason I don’t do advertising payments is not because I read the law as saying it is illegal (I don’t read it that way at all). As I said, if legitimate goods/services are purchased and the price is fair, then who has the right to tell me how to advertise? The reason I don’t do it is because I don’t think it is worth the money, plain and simple. If it was a big gorgeous roof on a very busy street with slow speed limits and lots of stop lights, then I might have a big banner made up and hang in on the building for a while (haven’t tried it yet), and you can bet I’d be willing to pay for that advertising.

What I do, sometimes, is throw in an upgrade or do it at a discount. For instance, if I know of a great deal on laminates for near-3-tab prices, I might just upgrade them to the laminates for cost or maybe for nothing if the difference is small. Most customers really appreciate those little things and will call you back and send their friends to you.

You pay $15 per sign??

You need a new sign guy.

1 Like

[quote=“Agape”]You pay $15 per sign??

You need a new sign guy.[/quote]

I bought these on a short-notice order when I had run out unexpectedly, and bought a smaller lot because of the shipping/rush overhead. I think with the metal (wire) frames, I had about that much in them. It may have been $14, but I know it was high enough that I try to get them back :slight_smile: .

What do you Okies pay for 3-color signs (in what size/quantity)?

I order 100 signs, front and back, 2 colors (3 colors if you count i can get the sign itself in any color i want), with metal stakes for $360.

yes. $3.60 each. if i order 250 of them, i get them for $3 each. if i only need 50, then i pay $4.50 each. i can order less than 50 and the price goes up, but why?

Jason im paying per 50 7 bucks 3 colors. I like the printer but maybe im getting ripped off.

Where are you two buying your signs? I was buying at the local Fast-Signs, and the true local stores were even more expensive.