PVC membrane question

Hello all,
I need application info for a specced PVC roof going on a carport.
650 sq. ft
Slope is 3%
Substrate is 5/8 ACX plywood
I’m thinking ‘fully adhered’ rather than ‘mechanically fastened’. I did a search of this site and saw Sarnafil highly recommended.
I’m the GC bidding this job.
Suggestions? Links?
Thanks much.

Ask roofboss. He is part owner of one of the larger companies in Chicagoland. Sarnafil is his baby.

You might have to wait til he gets back from racing, though.

Can you go to Sarnafil for the info? Doesn’t your preferred roofer have the knowledge/expertise/authorization for such an endeavor?

If you are going PVC, then Sarnafil is second to none. Here is a link that may help you, if not feel free to ask any questions you may have.

sarnafilus.com/

definatly sarnafil

How does the Sarnafil hold up as far as having to repair down the line? Every PVC I have been on is not weldable/repairable.

You can weld Sarnafil just fine. In fact, one of the most surprising things I’ve witnessed involving a manufacturer was with Sarnafil. I was walking a warehouse complex with the Sarnafil rep in the Maryland/D.C. area several years ago because the owner was looking to transfer the warranty after the sale of a couple warehouses. The Sarnafil rep and I both found a few holes caused by HVAC contractors, and he actually went to his vehicle and pulled out a heat gun, extension cord, and material to patch the holes. I was impressed, because most manufacturers would tell you to get a contractor out to make the repairs whereas the Sarnafil rep made the repairs himself.

its pricier than the others but well worth it

They also make a fleece-backed PVC membrane that you can mop down over a BUR as a cap sheet.

I have a very successful method of repairing old, unweldable PVC roofing systems.

Too bad for everyone that doesnt know me.

quikprime and 5"tape?

I specialize in IB singly ply membrane roofing for flat roof applications, and for the most part we install mechanically insulated/attached roofing systems. Fully adhered is much more expensive but there are some applications such as a roofing job over a concrete surface that will require fully adhered, because you cannot drill through concrete…
So, if cost is an issue then mechanically attached might be a good bet…

Good Luck,

newenglandmetalroof.com/

I specialize in IB singly ply membrane roofing for flat roof applications, and for the most part we install mechanically insulated/attached roofing systems. Fully adhered is much more expensive but there are some applications such as a roofing job over a concrete surface that will require fully adhered, because you cannot drill through concrete…
So, if cost is an issue then mechanically attached might be a good bet…

Good Luck,

newenglandmetalroof.com/

gripcons can go into concrete decks.dont ou own a good hammer drill??

Is it more efficient than hotting or foaming down a board and gluing the membrane?