Q-New roof install

I had granule loss and sporadic leaks from a 13 yr old roof. I had it replaced with middle grade architectural timberline shingles, plastic underlay vs felt and added ice/snow/water shield (Gracie brand).

My question is, I have noticed some dust or sawdust under some shingles where I had 2 ridge vents installed, will this cause problems in the future?

This is my first roof replacement and I’m worried about the saw dust causing punctures or leaks.

Thanks
Grace

Nothing to be worried about.

1 Like

I agree, you have nothing to be concerned with. Id be more concerned and cautious about lifting the shingles to see the saw dust than anything. If they were sealed you you could damage the shingle itself if your not careful. Congratulations on your first roof replacement, I’m sure you will enjoy it for years to come!

I faced same issue, and one of my friend suggested to me to clean soffit (eave) and other types of attic air intake vents. Because dust or sawdust under some shingles happens most of the time. Also, the best way to clean them is with blasts of compressed air to blow away dust. This cleaning process is required at least every couple of years.

Where are you from, Reed?

1 Like

Hello roofermann,
I am from kansas, and where are you from?

If you say so, Dorothy.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.