Quote No. 1

Here is my first quote. This quote has no cost for soffit vents which will be extra. I was surprised that this was not in the original quotation. He was proposing not to replace all of the eves with vented soffits but only in particular areas to swap out with vented material.

Without the soffit venting it is $17.5k to $19.2k depending on which CT shingle I choose. This is well above the $275-$350 sq. ft. for roofing and $4-$6 per lin. fit for gutters and leaders that was given as a ballpark figure. I should get my next quote on Thursday.

Thoughts???

QUOTE DETAILS:

Remove existing asphalt roofing on all areas of building to expose original wood sheathing.

Remove damaged or rotten sheathing and install new plywood of same dimension.

Note: For proposal 4 sheets of ¾â€Â

BTW, I forgot to ask. What do you guys think about the $5.25 per sq. ft. for 3/4’ plywood sheathing? THat’s $168 per sheet installed (>7x material cost)/

Thanks,

[quote=“curiousengineer”]BTW, I forgot to ask. What do you guys think about the $5.25 per sq. ft. for 3/4’ plywood sheathing? THat’s $168 per sheet installed (>7x material cost)/

Thanks,[/quote]

I think its a total rip-off! $10 sheet of wood, 10 minutes to replace it… you do the math. lol

(I charge $45 per sheet to replace on repairs, or $1.35-1.50 per square foot if im doing the whole house)

I think for $168 per sheet installed, I’d fly out there and do that part myself. LOL

How much is the gutter itself?

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]I think for $168 per sheet installed, I’d fly out there and do that part myself. LOL

How much is the gutter itself?[/quote]

LMAO! no doubt!

That was my feeling regarding the sheathing. I thought 2x the material cost installed like some others mentioned here.

What about the quote in general? The price seems high doesn’t it? I will get my next quote on Thursday.

Thanks,

Bob

Yea, that’s higher than eagle puss… but some people are just more proud of their work than others.

168 per sheet installed? Man, I should just focus on doing that and only that full time.

The bid does seem fair though. They clearly state they remove the existing siding to properly put in new flashing. You dont see that a lot. That could be one reason for the cost.

How come 6 inch gutters?

thats what i said bam. i do roofs 2x that size with 5" gutters, and oversized downs and never have overflowing issues.

Two of the roofers both suggested 6" and one suggested 5". The house hase a 45 degree bend in it with a hip on one side and a valley on the other. The pitch is 6/12. I think they felt it would better handle the water.

Thanks

[quote=“BAMBAMM5144”]168 per sheet installed? Man, I should just focus on doing that and only that full time.

The bid does seem fair though. They clearly state they remove the existing siding to properly put in new flashing. You dont see that a lot. That could be one reason for the cost.

How come 6 inch gutters?[/quote]

:smiley: In my opinion you don’t need 6 inch gutters or 5 will do well enough get more est

Dumb Question…

Where does flashing go where the siding would need to be removed? Are the side walls beneath the eves flashed typically? I always associate it with projections through the roof and valleys of a roof.

Thanks

[quote=“BAMBAMM5144”]168 per sheet installed? Man, I should just focus on doing that and only that full time.

How come 6 inch gutters?[/quote]

post a drawing of your roof.

because I know you already have one all drawn up. LOL

how many squares is the house?

I’ll put up a pdf tomorrow.

Thanks

[quote=“Agape”]post a drawing of your roof.

because I know you already have one all drawn up. LOL[/quote]

Ranch House

Roof = 2800 sq. ft. + 15% = 32-33 squares
Gutters & Leaders = 312 Lin. Ft.
Soffit = 120’ x 2’
Ridge = 100’.
Features: 1 hip, 2 valleys, 1 chimney (middle of roof), 1 vent, 1 electrical post
Shingles = CT Landmark or Landmark Premium

Thanks

13,500.00 for the whole thing. Plus 2.50a sq ft for wood replacment.

Comparing one regions prices to anothers isn’t fair. Different places have different government regulations and taxes.

be thankful if you dont live in a area where the democrats havent taxed and regulated everyone out of business.

guys… can we please keep the political crap out of at least ONE thread?

When you think about it, you really can’t when talking about pricing. It is politically taxed, regulated, etc.

You cannot go off of one region’s pricing.

Also, you cannot go off anyone’s pricing for roofing on this forum if they are “Construction” companies or “Exteriors” companies. Those types are cheating and have only one reason for it… to skate out on the high risk insurance needed to properly cover roofing operations.

What I know is this… I could do your roof for that price, do a perfect job of it, and replace 3/4" plywood for $64.00 per sheet. I am in the great blue state of taxation known as Illinois.

My GROSS profit would be approximately 15%… not a lot of dough to watch after someone’s roof for tem years either.