Quote No. 1

[quote=“AaronB.”]

Also, you cannot go off anyone’s pricing for roofing on this forum if they are “Construction” companies or “Exteriors” companies. Those types are cheating and have only one reason for it… to skate out on the high risk insurance needed to properly cover roofing operations.[/quote]

LMAO! Jealous much? We dont have a choice around here. Insurance dictates everything. pretty much every house either has, has had, or will have wind or hail damage here. and its not going to end.

[quote=“Agape”]

[quote=“AaronB.”]

Also, you cannot go off anyone’s pricing for roofing on this forum if they are “Construction” companies or “Exteriors” companies. Those types are cheating and have only one reason for it… to skate out on the high risk insurance needed to properly cover roofing operations.[/quote]

LMAO! Jealous much? We dont have a choice around here. Insurance dictates everything. pretty much every house either has, has had, or will have wind or hail damage here. and its not going to end.[/quote]

What does wind damage, hail damamge have to do with being a properly insured roofing company?

ah… i guess i misread your post. thought you were bashing people with “and construction” or “exteriors” in their name because we thrive on storm/insurance related business. i have that in my name, so we can get contracts on gutters/windows/siding/paint. not to skate out on cheaper insurance.

but my insurance is on 95% roofing, because thats what i do. the only way to get out of that, is to completely LIE about how much roofing business you actually do.

I put my name mine with "Exteriors"to be diversified and get more work. My insurance is for roofing.

What’s your worker’s comp premium rate?

I figured out where the siding needs to be removed to re-flash the roof. There are two areas in the roof where there are changes in height between adjacent sections. There are sided vertical walls adjacent to these transitions. Water running down the roof could penetrate the side wall unless properly flashed. This is where the siding needs to come off and he is proposing to re-flash.

:slight_smile:

So the contractor is trying to do a good job and make a profit for his business and some of you guys are willing to do the job (sight unseen) cheaper.

What’s that called???

$20 grand sounds a little (alright A LOT) high for a 28sq shingle re&re.

lmao @ $600 a square and 15% waste.

I myself would get a second opinion, and then a third, and possibly even a fourth. And use this quote as the HIGH mark for your roof.

I’m with Dennis on this one.What you guys do roofs for in the midwest, I wouldnt get out of bed for. And I wish I could get the prices that guys around Boston get.The contractor seems thorough in the bid, check him out well, and if his price isway high, you can always negotiate. But I wouldnt go around looking for just the cheapest bid.good luck-Ray

I pay 24 for every 100.

[quote=“Agape”]post a drawing of your roof.

because I know you already have one all drawn up. LOL[/quote]

Now that was funny.

As far as the rest of this thread goes… I wouldn’t take on this job period without a $500 @ hr consultation charge provision in the contract. lol

Yes, thats what handymen pay here too.

The state pool for roofing is 48.

Dennis, I agree.

[quote=“AaronB.”]

Yes, thats what handymen pay here too.

The state pool for roofing is 48.[/quote]

its 50 for every hundred here. :cry:

Sorry I was wrong it’s 45 for every 100.

Mmm Hmm

Ranch house with only a 6 and 1/2 pitch, 6 inch gutters seams like over kill 5 would be fine .But I might be missing something Good Luck.Agreed get a few bids 168 dollars a sheet is ballsy lmaso

You want me to fax it? We are all in the same boat here everybodies cost are different.

*Note: Sheathing found to be rotten or damaged will be replaced at an additional charge of $5.25 sq. ft. *

Doesn’t seem excessive to me. He’s not proposing to re-deck your entire residence, just replace rot. So one sheet of plywood may very well be cut and used to fill 6 or more rotten areas depending on the size.

Someone quipped about paying $10 per sheet of plywood…I don’t know where you live but you sure as hell are NOT going to find 3/4" CDX around here for even half that…more likely it’s 3x that or more.

Keep in mind that supply/demand/locale all factor heavily in determining roofing prices.

[quote=“AaronB.”]

Mmm Hmm[/quote]

Man that is painful. I do a lot of framing and siding work, for which I pay about 13. For roofing its 22. I can’t believe what you guys pay.