Radio advertising?

Have any of you done this? I am thinking of trying it. I get 1 day 12 times a day 30 sec ad following the weather report, 100.00 for the day. What do you guys think?

ive heard it done on the station i listen too. but i dont think it targets the right group. what station do homeowners & people w/ money listen too? thats what you gotta think of.

I usually turn the ad parts down…till music starts again or its in one ear out the other…

kage, thats what im tryin to say. he has to figure out what audience will listen to a roofin ad/commercial.

It’s all about mind awareness the station is a good target. It’s about making the name known for when it’s time to do a roof or exterior project.

You need something catchy that sticks with ya

I went to my local station (1 of many) and asked to create my own ad…I was declined…

I wanted the ad to sound as type below…

“Hello…(2Secondpause)…Hellooooo…(1secondpause)…Are you listening now?
Good, if you need a roof, call Aqua Roofing, because we are always there for you…
Visit us on the web at aquaroofing.net or give us a call at 9032445706 Aqua Roofing”

i think its a great idea if you are local and the time is right. choose an am station contemporary that plays in dentist offices, massage treatments, and others that are relaxed. ALTHOUGH in this day and age alot of offices do use XM satalite radio. I know the am station here has still a good audience

i have
never tried it, would love to know how it works.

Running ads on radio is a great way to get leads.

One thing to keep in mind is that it really needs to catch the listeners attention.

Using gimmicky scripts will not help much.

Figure out who your target customer is. What pain can you help them fix?

Use a powerful “headline” as the intro.

What ever you do make sure you have a call to action and a reason to contact you.

Call for your FREE report, FREE dvd etc.

Good luck!

Steve

TRUE!!!

We have been using the same “Monthly Special” for 4 months…

FREE RidgeVent Ventilation System…

It’s helped close many deals over the past few months…

We emphasize its REALISM, by demanding that our customers print out the coupon from our website that is # for our accounting purposes…

:smiley:

Why not target your market with your website?

Radio and tv is just “throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks” advertising.

If your website is optimized so that people looking for your services can find you on their Blackberry, then you got yourself a few more deals per month to close thanks to your online presence.

[quote=“Stefon Smith”]Why not target your market with your website?

Radio and tv is just “throwing crap on the wall to see what sticks” advertising.

If your website is optimized so that people looking for your services can find you on their Blackberry, then you got yourself a few more deals per month to close thanks to your online presence.[/quote]

Blackberry users are crazy. I’d rather do a roof for a mechanical engineer. One of my first qualifying questions is what type of phone they carry. If it’s an iPhone, then they get a $1,000 automatic discount. And another $500 for every other iPhone in the household.

Blackberry users get rejected customer letters, and we put them on the black list. We call it “blackberry listed”.

The only thing worse than a blackberry user, are those nuts on the G1, and sidekick. There is no help for those people.

Kage, you know the Dodd’s Furniture commercials on tv around here?
Man ,that guy is a nut,but y’know…everyone knows he is the Dodd’s Furniture guy…

josh…$100 is peanuts…i say go for it…

good luck

I think the radio is a waste of money do a direct mail campaign. It does cost some money but you will get allot of jobs from 10,000 postcards or so ,mailed to the right neiborhoods. I use this website for all of my direct mail campaigns. directmailadvertizingsite.com/

Radio advertising is effective if it is targeted to the right audience (as mentioned by a previous poster). We have a small market area, roughly around 180,000 population (in 8 counties), with 10,000 of that being the university.

Our advertising agent has several different radio stations to choose from and can tell us which stations are more targeted to our potential clientele.

We get many leads from radio and even the ones who don’t need a roof this year get exposure to your name for when they do.

The stations with the greatest ROI are talk radio stations. Someone listening to music on the radio generally tune out advertisements. People who listen to talk radio are more attentive to the adverts and more likely to respond. But remember, it takes someone hearing your name seven times, on average, for it to stick so repetition is the key.

Agape, where does your hatred of Crackberry users come from. I use a BB because it is a business tool, not a kids toy like an iPhone.

Dan, that was all a complete joke… guess nobody got it. lol

and sorry, but the iphone has just as many features i use for business (or more) than the blackberry.

unless you know something i dont… please enlighten. ive had multiples of both phones, and all i can say is iPhone > BB. no doubt about it.

When I chose my BB, I was actually torn between it and the iPhone. The deciding factor was that Apple doesn’t have enough faith in their unit to allow it to be insured. It has some fun bells and whistles, but bells and whistles are toys that break easily, lol. If I could have insured it, I would have bought it. As far as the apps available, not much difference except for the ones that require touch or tilt. I just wish there was a Flash player for BB.