Real estate agents

Curious if anyone has found a lasting and profitable relationship with a real estate agent. Seems to be a lot of price shopping.

most of the time they just need a price or 2 to sell the place.

but one relater i know got me 4 jobs this year.

A realtor and I have a good relationship. I get about 30-40 jobs a year from this one. About 5-7 from others.

The majority of agents are just price shopping in order
to sell the home. Especially the new one. I have a good relation with alot of Realtors and I get work from them.
I give the new realtor’s a chance but when I see that I am not getting any work from them the freebies are gone and the estimates turn into roof evaluations and I charge well that weeds out the price shoppers fast.

Usually price shoppers. When they say they have something to go look at, first thing I say is alright minimum charge is 135 which can be done by check on the job or credit card over the phone if you prefer not to meet.

They usually say that no one else charges in which I WANT to reply saying that its because no one else gives a crap about wasting their time.

Then they say that will “get back to me”. Still havent heard back from one in April.

I dont like when the public sterotypes roofers in a negative light…but…

Most realtors are not worth your time as a contractor. They want everything for free and think they are doing you a big favor when they ask for a free estimate.

That being said, I do know some guys who get jobs from realtors, so I would check it out but dont make it your only plan to get jobs.

I guess it all comes back to my intense loathing of writing free estimates(which I almost never do). Maybe one day if business dries up, I will do it. But, thank the good lord, that isnt today.

i agree alot with that. i did 1 inspection for a home and well it was a waste of time. the people wanting to buy the house walked from it. I guess 12,000 dollar roof can make a person do that but why? I throw a whopper of a number out mess up a sale not for me just for them. the roof was really only 7500. Ah well its fun screwing with them but they screw back so watch out.

I have a handfull of realtors who give me leads that turn into sales.

If it’s not insurance related and they are selling the house I’m too expensive.

If it’s insurance and they are either selling, buying, or keeping the house it’s perfect.

Both of my builders are realtors so it goes hand in hand. One builder simply says he’s been doing our roofs for about twelve years and that pretty much seals the deal. One of the realors is a very prominant fixture in a very high end market so his leads are usually very good.

There are a few realtors I no longer give bids for…

[quote=“Smlslikmonyrfing”]The majority of agents are just price shopping in order
to sell the home. Especially the new one. I have a good relation with alot of Realtors and I get work from them.
I give the new realtor’s a chance but when I see that I am not getting any work from them the freebies are gone and the estimates turn into roof evaluations and I charge well that weeds out the price shoppers fast.[/quote]

Same.

I never got a job from them. I did maybe 10 estimates and never heard back. They just was a quote to sell a home.
Now if they call me for an estimate I tell them I charge $80 for an estimate and would take it off if I get the job. Not a single one has agreed to pay for an estimate. lol

You should have the basic knowledge of how to deal with them, then only you can succeed.

I lucked out several years ago during the housing boom in springfield when everyone was building homes, I met several property flippers/realtor who referred me to other agents,mostly they want the bottom dollar since the customer just wants wants to sell.About 8-10% of my yearly comes from these agents.It is all profitable anytime you can but your sign in the yard