Red Roof, Copper valleys (copper gutter pics added)

Doesn’t look like they had a choice.[/quote]

Yeah, my mistake. I looked at the pics again and realized that section of gutter is lower than the main section.

Nice job: Likes the copper valley. used to install it all the time with the company i used to work for when we installed barrell or slate.

the job was quoted with half rounds and small overflow collector boxes, but she decided it was too expensive and downgraded a little.

And yea, wasn’t any other way of doing the gutter over the front door. They wanted it there.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, like I said before, this wasn’t an expensive project by any means, but I think it turned out really nice, and it was fun seeing it all come together on this little old house. :slight_smile:

Copper valleys and gutters are fantastic. love to look.

Yes it looks great, I was being sarcastic about the gutter obviously. Hard to pitch gutter on an L to all go towards the long side with one outlet. But, actually, something I just thought about, what about those copper rain chains? Have you ever installed those? Looks great in a small area like that and it just lets the rain trickle down in cup after cup attached to a chain.

rainchains.com/

Yea Oprah, I got the sarcasm. lol. :wink:

And those rain chains look pretty freakin cool! I’ve never even heard of that. I wonder how they do in heavy storms…

[quote=“Agape”]

the job was quoted with half rounds and small overflow collector boxes, but she decided it was too expensive and downgraded a little.

And yea, wasn’t any other way of doing the gutter over the front door. They wanted it there.

Anyway, thanks for the comments, like I said before, this wasn’t an expensive project by any means, but I think it turned out really nice, and it was fun seeing it all come together on this little old house. :)[/quote]

Shame about the Downgrade from half-round, woulda added to the character of the building.

johne5

looks good for a 3tap roof… good roofers, all shingles are laying down flat and your gutters look fraking good… i bet those king of gutters on a slatelinre or Camelot will look even better…

thanks abel!

Don’t get the 4 inch offset on shingles never have. Seen it in many parts of the country. Job looks good except for the dormer flashing (I know it’s stucco) Copper gutters look great but are not the old style half round as you stated and to go one step further a copper soil stack flashing in place of the cheap galvanized one would have been a nice touch. I like the way you run your ridge vent all the way to the rake nice look. Am I wrong or are the step flashings at the dormer exposed? Copper reglet flashing would be classy.

Believe me, we tried to convince her she needed to replace the old dormer and step flashings, and they, along with the vent pipes and chimney cap were perfect candidates for more copper. But she ran out of money for this project, and had to back off the extra $1,000 from the half rounds, just to finish the job up, so it didn’t matter much what I said.

And stormer… Why not the 4"? Is there a problem with it? Or u just don’t care for the look?