Reglet Cut Thru Stucco & Subwall (w/photos) - Problems?

ctmetals.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=21 thats a bellcast bead youd place that over the copper and then stucco over the bead /just the width of the bead then paint

Your wall is fine structurally. If its even a load bearing wall its being supported buy the 4x6’s wich don’t seem to be damaged, so the only concern you would have is “am i water tight”. You just said its leaking, so yes something needs to be done to fix the problem, you paid this company to make you water tight? no? If you are water tight, you will only be that way as long as your caulk is good, so your looking at 2-5 years, you could make it a maintenance issue, just go check your caulk every few years and if its deteriating cover it with a one part or a buettle rubber. don’t know what else to tell you.

I am surprised that no one mentioned the fact that the step flashing and counter flashing is aluminum.
might be best to remove that wall sheathing from the reglet down to the roof deck, clean the wall above the reglet, install blocking, slide new flashing behind the sheathing, above the reglet, and re-stucco.

Um no that is copper counter and im sure the step would have to be also. Look at the picture on the first page

I was looking at the third picture that looks like a dormer cheek wall, with a couple of 2x4’s scabbed to the side of the rafter, aluminum step flashing,

Looks like copper to me but ok.

I think what you see in the first set of pics is underlayment covered with powdered stucco from the grinding because if you look at the OPs second set of pics everything is clearly copper.

What an interesting conversation, in the beginning everyone was fairly confident it was done ok now I think everyone agrees unanimously that SOMETHING should be done.

I have not read this entire thread, but from the first page, I gather:

1.I bet he cut it so deep so’s he could locate a place to nail, since lead wedges will not work here.

2.I do not know how to clad over stucco as suggested on page one, pertaining to cladding over wood.

I would have made the flashing to turn up the wall studs.