Relocating

I am moving to Toledo,Oh. next month. I would love it if someone had some work for me in or around that area. I have been in touch with 1 company that wants a crew of 5 to sub work to.Any help or input would be welcome,Thanks…

Anybody near Columbus? I hear that there is allot of work there…

I live in Huntington WV I look for work out in Columbus as well. Seems to be alot of work there. I could use some sub work too.

Two winters age did some work in columbus. Pay rate way two low. May be different now that some stormers ‘may’ be gone. $65 off and on. But we were pretty hungry at the time.

Thanks RooferR, I have 1 company in Toledo saying 58.09 for 1 layer walker and extra for this that and the other thing.Seems that they end up at 75-90 till you add up all the items…
My overhead in Toledo will be much less than it is here, so I could make it on 10.00 per hr. worst case…

ive been going to ohio twice a year for 5 years & everyday i think about moving there. yes the hourly wages are way less but so is the cost of living. my brother inlaw rents a new house on 3 acres for $400 a month. hes a framing foreman & only makes $14 hr. & his wifes a telemarketer & she makes $10 hr. they do allright, both have new vehicles & all. his boss has to get roofers to travel like an hr. or two to do his roofs. alot of areas roofers are hard to find, good place to set up. check out the classifieds on this site, ohio has the most jobs available for roofas. there is some in toledo too, alot in columbus. we need a good hail storm or tornado out there & ill head right out. keep us informed on how you make out.oh ya, back to the cost of livin, my wife & i looked @ a house for only $50,000. that same house would be $250,000 out here in nh or mass.

Always work in Toledo but they only seem to keep enough for the people there. Check Nordmans Roofing they are union but have a residential roofing crew. Toledo has a strong roofing union. Nordaman is on the east side of Toledo on Starr avenue, if you want to go union check with local #134 Ric Shackleford should still be the BA The city is a little bit of a slum. But you can always pick up work.

Thanks for the input. I saw 10 roofing co. in Toledo. In my area County phone book there are over 41 listings for roofing co. and about 12 Full page ads.
I already spoke with a Nord… and they still have guys laid off from winter, but they are expecting things to be full swing by next month.
I spoke with 1 Guy that is hiring for repairs, but hasn’t had full tear offs for a long time.
The company that is hiring subs offers financing, and they are swamped according to Production Manager…
I can offer financing through Gaf/Elk Smart Money finance program Myself, but I have to start some where. We are looking at about 76 listed homes for less than 25k, and have our hearts set on a 3500 sq. ft. 2 story w/Hip roof, 3 dormers in front,covered full length front porch,10 ceilings, and all new hard wood floors. They are asking 18,500…needs kitchen,roof,and furnace.
That house is next to homes that are listed for 250-325k in a beautiful neighborhood…