Repairing squirrel damage

A squirrel ate the tops off of my vent stack lead boots. If I’m remembering correctly, I believe there is a product that extends a lead boot. It is a cap of some sort or sleeve. Does anyone have a link or know what this product is called? Do they sell something for this a Bradco?

i dont know if bradco does but home depot does. galvy hi-hats w/ a collar that slide over the top of your lead booted vent stack.

Is there anyway to repair them without replacing the boot? I’m looking for some sort of sleeve. I guess i could just cut the tops off of boots, but I thought there was a product.

Cap master by mid-america.

midwaywholesale.com/pages/ho … d_Item.xml

Don’t know if the squirrels “brush” their teeth on lead jacks or what, but they certainly can do a number on them.

If not visible, you can coat the lead with roofing cement and they will leave your jacks alone. If visible, do so neatly, and then paint over the mastic and lead a few weeks later after the mastic has cured.

That is the easy solution! Though it doesn’t look the best.

[quote=“-Axiom-”]Cap master by mid-america.

midwaywholesale.com/pages/ho … d_Item.xml[/quote]

I am looking for 2" sleeves. Do any other companies make it in that size?

[quote=“Bread”]

[quote=“-Axiom-”]Cap master by mid-america.

midwaywholesale.com/pages/ho … d_Item.xml[/quote]

I am looking for 2" sleeves. Do any other companies make it in that size?[/quote]

None that I know of.

bread, i didnt suggest replacement. just a slip over cap w/adjustable screws.

Do you have an item number or a link? I went to Home Depot and didn’t see anything.