Restoration co.'s doing a/c replacement?

I own a heating and air conditioning company and I’m meeting with a restoration company about doing a/c work for them. I’m sure they will want to know how much money I want and I want the work so I don’t want to ask for too much, but I also don’t want to sell my self short. Just wondering if there is anyone on here who owns a restoration company and can tell me how they pay a/c guys? This is storm damage insurance work.

Thanks

We usually pay by check but if necessary, can do cash or debit card.

Yeah, I’m not worried about the payment method. I’m wanting to know what the pay rate is. Percentage or flat rate ? If you don’t want to talk about it on here I can give you my email.

It was a joke. Since we do mostly insurance work, we would pay based upon the insurance line item amount. Or, if the job were big enough, we would bid it out. Or we may call a couple of places and inquire about their rates.

So there is your answer. It depends on a number of different factors. Others may do it differently.

[quote=“Authentic_Dad”]It was a joke. Since we do mostly insurance work, we would pay based upon the insurance line item amount. Or, if the job were big enough, we would bid it out. Or we may call a couple of places and inquire about their rates.

So there is your answer. It depends on a number of different factors. Others may do it differently.[/quote]

So, if you pay the HVAC contractor the line item amount then your not making money off the a/c replacement?

There is a couple different ways that the restoration company can do this.

1. Use the line item prices if your estimate is below them.

2. Use your bid. Then make money via overhead and profit. O & P will apply to the first scenario as well.

Don’t sell yourself short. Sounds like the restoration company just needs the numbers. The quicker that you can get them to them the better off you will be.

What are you doing? I can give you specifics
ideas on how to proceed and maximize your profit.

PM me if you want.