In the process of getting a few proposals for this roof (396sq ft) and would appreciate any feedback. Recently had a roofing company do a bad install/replacement for another roof and we’re still cleaning up that mess, so we’re trying to not have a repeat of that.
Specifically, how is the overall condition of this roof, how badly does it need replaced? Full replacement necessary or just repair? We have water getting into the corner, which has now made its way down all three floors of our house. Had a hell of a time getting someone out here who was able to diagnose where it’s getting in. One guy recently suggested having a new drop put into the corner drain. Few other areas must be pretty bad as well since we’ve begun seeing water damage under other parts of the roof.
We received one proposal so far for a replacement. Any feedback on this cost/work estimate would be appreciated. Located in Delaware by the way.
Top Flat Roof Replacement ($7,800)
• Remove existing flat roof system
• Evaluate all decking and replace where necessary (Sheathing replacement will be $125.00 per sheet additional)
• Install ½ recovery board on complete roof using screw and plate pattern as per code
• Install .060 Mule-Hide EPDM roofing system to complete roof; all material to be adhered using Mule-Hide substrate adhesive
• All seams to have 6” lap with 6” seam tape
• All pipes, vents, and roof protrusions to be properly flashed
• Special Note: Remove wood as necessary around drain area to install a seamless piece of downspout to elbow of downspout leading down wall
• Install new drains (all to be properly flashed)
• Install new aluminum trim at roofs’ edges where necessary (All properly flashed)
• Includes new counterflashing on chimney that meets flat roof
• Clean all work areas of debris