So sorry that this is long, but it is a horrific story and I need your help terribly!
Licensed contractor was out here in April 2005 to reshingle my roof. After he was done he insisted that he would be out to “put that flashing around my chimney” Well, in September 2005, I finally noticed water damage in my kitchen where the chimney meets the wall. I didn’t know that flashing was important because I thought “heck, he would have been out by now to replace it” I went into the attic and you could see daylight around my chimney. He came out the next day after 5 months and replaced the flashing. Mind you, he had already shingled up to the base of the chimney. There was nothing else on the bricks. No flashing counter or otherwise. He proceeded to install the flashing over my shingles and screw it into place through my bricks. This of course didn’t work. He came over again and tarred it with “really long lasting tar” so he said. Tarred the heck out of it. It still leaked and it still does to this day! Now I do have an old chimney with cracks in the mortar and a piece of a missing brick, but can that much water come through? I did a water hose test and you guessed it, it poured in down my chimney into my attic. This all has been videotaped. Two other rooms had leaks on the ceiling as well. One room all the suspended tiles fell in. He fixed this and wouldn’t you know it, there are new stains. Did he flash this chimney properly? He has told me a number of things. I cannot trust him anymore. From the chimney liner, the mortar, the old bricks. Help me please and a BIG thank you for your help!