Roof Leak

[quote=“Tryin2Learn”]Would I still be expecting to collect final payment even if the roof is leaking?

I know I should be asking a lawyer, but still waiting on the call back.

Thanks[/quote]

I’m not a lawyer but IMO you should be paid otherwise what the hell is the warranty for??

Lot of good advice.

Get a lawyer! Send everything certified mail. My warranty doesn’t take effect until I have been paid for the job. I usually still fix small problems as long as most monies have been paid. Holding thousands out for a small chimney repair and not letting you on the property is a sure sign someone is intending to attempt to commit fraud. Her lawyering up is most likely an attempt to strong arm you out of your money. Don’t give in.

On your behalf- You should be allowed to correct your mistake.

On the customers behalf- you should also pay for the interior repairs.

I have run into customers before that do what ever they can to not pay at the end. Example: “I want all the granules picked up out of my grass” -WTF? 7 day lien notice sent

But on the other hand, you could be leaving out several details in the story. So it goes both ways.

What ever the case. $4,800 is to much to hold back. My cost for chimney flashing is about $90. To paint a garage ceiling $300-$1000 depending on if sheet rock needs to be replaced.

You want a help from a legal person rather than a roofing professional.Before taking any further step,I would suggest you a consult a legal person.