Rooferpro

just wondering if anyone was using it and if they like it. i nearly fell over when i seen geo estimating, thats crazy anyone used that yet?

Using what exactly?

rooferpro a online program for estimating and a company called Geo estimating they say they can give you roof measurements from satellites

I used it on 6 jobs on Lake Norman here in NC…every house was rediculously cut up and very steep…the first 4 were dead on. I had around a bundle and 5 or 6 caps left over on each of them…I was amazed considering these were very hard roofs to estimate even for an experienced roofer…however the last 2 were both off shorting me by 3 squares…I still am impressed considering all 6 of these houses were over 60 squares

I haven’t looked at the estimating software since it was in beta so it wouldn’t be fair to comment.

My experience with Geoestimator on larger, cut up roofs was not good. They were consistently 5 to 10% short on their measurements. I later found out they were drawing in overhangs, perhaps they have fixed that. Doesn’t matter, if we use this type of service, we now always go with Eagle View.

its all so expensive…but on some of these homes its just impossible to get a real close estimate without some sort of help

I used it a couple of years ago! It was out of my budget at the time.

I use Geo Estimator on all of my cut up jobs. Geo Estimator also works with estimation pro software. You can upload the numbers from Geo, into the software.

:slight_smile: Hay max how long have you been oc certifed? I just applied

Im wanting to say going on 9 years now…I guess I need to get Certainteed certified…The local Lowes in my area just stopped carrying OC and are going to Certainteed…good shingle but its gonna be hard to push certainteed after pushing OC so long

Looks like this would be a good program for someone who wants to turn out a bunch of estimates. Currently we do not need to go give bids and this would not help our company at all. I would rather spend my time working on a claim I know im going to make some money on than spend my time bidding on 3,4, or ten for that matter, that the homeowners are gonna take my hard work and get the insurance company to pay off of my estimate and go hire some CRAIGSLIST ROOFER to rip them off.
Open your minds and learn a new way…

Has saved me time for a few jobs. Although I typically like to add 15% on what it reads out just to be safe. Then I’ll give the home owner a discounted price if it’s over. People love getting a better price than what’s quoted and I’ve gotten quite a few referrals by doing this.

hey thanx guys for all the input i used to joke around about it but never new it was possible. does eagleview or geoestimator give you any guarantee on accuracy of measurements. how do they charge? also i was wondering if anyone was using the rooferpro software and how they like it

rooferpro is like $35 per estimate for a standard up and over roof, then they add to the price for every face after that,i think eagle view is around $70 per estimate now and you have to buy a plan

Unless it has changed, rooferpro is an estimating software package that you lease by the month. It can integrate Geoestimator aerial roof diagrams, it is the Geoestimator reports that you pay for separately.

Eagle View has a range of pricing starting with the standard report for around $35 where you supply the pitches up to $100 plus for the deluxe report (dependent upon the number of slopes). No membership is needed, you can pay individually.

Rooferpro is a different beast than Skytech, Geoestimator and Eagle View. The former is a tool for putting together estimates, material orders, invoices, etc., the latter provides your take offs.

I use a product that has geo built in but it is not an online program. Im leary of those since all cell phones drop calls and that could happen during the estimate.

I do the geo the day the lead comes in and print my contracts in the vehicle. I can change numbers fast if need be.

Before i used said program and i promised i would not say what it was in forum. I would walk into a home knowing my numbers and at the end si nce the number was blank on the contract i made up a number i thought i could get out of the person. I liked to pull out the contract first and let them wonder about it.

[quote=“gtp1003”]I use a product that has geo built in but it is not an online program. Im leary of those since all cell phones drop calls and that could happen during the estimate.

I do the geo the day the lead comes in and print my contracts in the vehicle. I can change numbers fast if need be.

Before i used said program and i promised i would not say what it was in forum. I would walk into a home knowing my numbers and at the end si nce the number was blank on the contract i made up a number i thought i could get out of the person. I liked to pull out the contract first and let them wonder about it.[/quote]

I have used Geoestimator and I have had good luck with them. I was wondering what a cell phone has to do with it and my cell NEVER drops calls.

[quote=“gtp1003”]I use a product that has geo built in but it is not an online program. Im leary of those since all cell phones drop calls and that could happen during the estimate.

Before i used said program and i promised i would not say what it was in forum. I would walk into a home knowing my numbers and at the end si nce the number was blank on the contract i made up a number i thought i could get out of the person. I liked to pull out the contract first and let them wonder about it.[/quote]

The programs you should use are called “spell check” and “grammar check”.