Roofing 3 to 12 pitch

its nice to have a fellow flroidian who knows that
3 tabs are on all the low slopes for the most part.
and that its not because people in low slope houses
are cheap.

and was this etr’s posts i was
questioning the slope on?.
oops.

gweedo.

No problem Gweedo.

It is better to make sure and be accurate than just assume the information is correct.

Ed

Just as a follow up for you guys, I was very pleased to have been able to discuss the possible solutions with this home owner who posted this topic, but unfortunately, even if I eliminated the materials and labor price for removing the 1 layer architectural shingle roof tear-off, the plywood that those shingles were installed on, the under-lying hot tar built up roof with gravel and the wood sheathing under that roof, down to the trusses, I would have still been higher priced just slightly than the contractor who he decided to choose to provide him with his long term solution.

I wish him success in his decision and thank him for being such a cordial person to meet with, who had viable questions to discuss and I actually really enjoyed getting to know him briefly.

For the record, I disapprove with the scope that he decided to go with, but even if the other contractor added on the differences that I had included, they would have still been substantially less valuable to choose for this large of an investment to correct the problems with his roof and ventilation systems.

Ed

good enough.
ditto Axiom.

gweedo.

By the way, what is your guys opinion of the Drip Edge Vent product made by Air Vent Corporation, especially when it will be overhanging newly installed gutters on a 3.25/12 pitch roof?

I have my own personal insight that I will share, from several direct conversations with Paul Scelsi, the engineer who conducts the Air Vent Training Seminars, but I will not bias your opinions by sharing that with you until after you voice your opinions first.

Ed