Roofing/construction website hosting

Hey folks -
it looks like most (all?) of you guys have websites for your businesses. What companies are you using to host those? Are you happy with them? Are you using free or paid hosting services? Do you update the site often or interact with your customers on it, or is it more of a billboard for you?

We (roofing.com) get a lot of people asking us about making a website for them. I think there are better companies out there that specialize in making good looking ‘billboard’ style websites for small businesses. However, we’re investigating setting up some kind of service to specifically host websites for roofing/construction companies, with tools to make it brainless for you to update the site with useful information. For instance, if you just finished a job, you could post photos/videos/descriptions of the work you did, and it would appear on your website. Maybe if you entered an address for the job we could throw up a google map with pins on it that link to the job photos/description. Would something like this be interesting at all to anybody here? Have you seen anybody do this already? Are there things you’d really want from a service like this?

Eric…

What companies are you using to host those?
My own. Domains and hosting.

Are you happy with them?
Yes.

Are you using free or paid hosting services?
Paid, believe it or not.

Here’s the important one for everybody here!
Do you update the site often or interact with your customers on it, or is it more of a billboard for you?
Update pretty often. Interact with potential clients, current and past clients! Share updates here, FB, and even with clients. Keep the updates and SEO current!

If it’s just a billboard, a place to have your dot-com listed and that’s all it is, you’re throwing money away! If you’re doing that for free, you’re still throwing money away because it won’t get you any new clients.

What Eric is proposing makes a lot of sense for you guys not putting your sites to work for you. Get on that band wagon at least!

Personally, I think the address idea might not be so good. Unless you get permissions from the clients.

I don’t post much info about sites, but those of you I’ve talked to know what I’m talking about.
A dynamic site will convert more than a static one, unless you’re just relying on adwords, or a lead service, and a ‘landing page’. And dynamic can be much less expensive with a better ROI.

[quote=“tinner666”]
Personally, I think the address idea might not be so good. Unless you get permissions from the clients.[/quote]

Yeah - putting a customer’s addresses on the web even with their approval might be a step too far. Something better might be to just show photos of the job (with the customer’s permission, of course) without any location information. If somebody wanted more information about the job (to visit, for instance), they could call you for information.

Eric…

The only problem that I see is that Google may think that all websites belong to one owner because all websites may end up having same IP address.

That said, there are benefits of reduced cost for hosting if it comes to less than $4/month

I use Kualo. I have about 20 websites and I get a great deal on a reseller package.

Ad words are great but i suggest you get proffesional advise on web pressence as it is better for you to concentrate on the job you know best.

[hr]
fishroofing

I would look around for a relative cheap webhosting offer that comes with several IP addresses - then you forgo the problem with Google, also look out for a host with a good customer service. That being said you could check out WHT - webhostingtalk.com - as they often have coupons and codes for webhosting in their sales section. I checked it and I saw several ones that would be interesting, for instance there is a ix webhosting discount code at the moment that is pretty good.

Yes we do have a website and we do update it periodically. Mostly we prefer free hosting but when there comes a need for paid hosting we used that for the promotion of our website. We surely try to visit your too. And if found reliable, we surely get merged with you.

Thanks for your information.now i am very excited that i found your information.

Introduced to innovative Web Hosting