Roofing CRM and Estimation Software Recommendation

Xactimate is cool. Especially if you want to match a scope word for word. However, I can match a scope word for word with other bid platforms and they don’t require an internet connection to run. I deal mainly with insurance claims and have done over 1000 this year already. I have been in well populated areas and sometimes cannot get an internet connection. Well if you are using a web based software such as Xactimate, and can’t get a good connection, you are SOL.

I think you’re saying you run Xactimate on a server??? Understood, we run one license on a desktop and one on a server. It will be nice when the 4G networks are heavily populated so this sort of thing becomes a non issue. Are you able to do an estimate for your other estimating programs with an iPad or similar device?

Our strategy is to go to every Adjuster meeting with an Xactimate estimate in hand so the limitations you mentioned aren’t an issue for us 95%+ of the time. As I mentioned, we don’t have enough Sales Reps that could do their own estimates anyway so it is mostly irrelevant at this time. One of our goals for 2012 is to significantly increase our cash bid business so our needs and process may have to change somewhat. For us to be effective at that though will dictate that we add some Sales Personnel with different skill sets.

Well said. It sounds like you have a good set up for your style of business. Its cool seeing how different companies operate. I used to have Xactimate, I just dont have a need for it anymore. Plus, these insurance companies as you know miss stuff all the time and are low in their prices. haha.

We have expanded in recent years and acquired a need for a bid platform to handle our sales force and provide us with adequate tools. There are some good ones out there, I have just had the best luck with ePRO. You should do a demo and see how it has improved. I agree with you though, different companies have different needs.

I’ll take a look at it. I’d much rather buy software than hire people, a lot cheaper and less bitching.

That might have been the best statement on here so far haha

Authentic Dad,

If you don’t mind me asking, where is your company based?

We started our company on the North side of Indianapolis. We now have offices in Birmingham, AL and just opened up in Charleston, SC. How about yourself? Let me guess, Dallas or Oklahoma. LOL

No, we are in Kansas. It’s hard to roof in Texas. We have associates in Oklahoma, Missouri, and Nebraska though.

I know that you mentioned possibly expanding in 2012. We did the same thing in the beginning of 2011. It was actually in part due to this estimation software that we decided to do so.

I am new to the form but I can tell you that our company uses service ceo and it runs our entire operation. Can be frustrating when trying to set it up and implement it though. Hope it helps.

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they
exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.”.

Sincerely, Jay Carter

A few years ago Ed the Roofer was trying to put together a group buy into building a custom crm product. At that time this is an email I wrote up to the sales rep to inform him what I was looking for. After I zipped this e-mail I never heard anything back. I happened to stumble across the message yesterday when looking for something else on my hard drive. I thought it may pertain to the topic of discussion.

[quote]I’m looking for a typical CRM type solution. Infact I began building one
myself in PHP/MySQL but have run out of time (I do really enjoy web design
and development as a hobby). Are you familiar with www.salesforce.com or
www.siebel.com ? These services provide what I am looking for and much more
than I actually need. They charge a monthly fee which I find to be
ridiculous.

Basically let me give you a description of what I am looking for…

• Multiple users, with multiple levels for each user (Management, assistant,
    sales rep). Management should have some kind of control panel.
  • Each new lead/estimates enters the system and the manager assigns it to a
    sales rep. (An auto search function would be nice to determine if this
    person has contacted us before. This is not necessary for v1.0 however.)
  • The sales rep will log into the system and be able to view their new leads
    and update the status of their previous estimates.
  • Sales Reps, assistants and managers should also have the ability to attach
    notes (preferably not deleteable once submitted so we have a record) to each
    new lead. For example if the customer asks the sales rep to call back in two
    weeks they can leave that note for themselves).
  • Also a message system where the assistant can leave messages for the sales
    rep who will then be notified by email. (For example the assistant can click
    on a customers information and send a message asking the sales rep to call
    them.)
  • Reports would be nice but not necessary in v1.0.
  • Definitely a manual search function allowing the user to find the estimate
    by either address or last name.
  • Maybe a browse/sort function allowing the user to sort the leads based on
    variable such as city and estimate type (roofing siding gutter) or perhaps
    sort based on lead status.

I am sure after we get the base model setup and begin working with it I will
be able to recommend improvements and features.

Currently I have the mysql database setup and have been populating it with
data. The program so far is single user only and really only stores data.
There fore it consists of a front end html file for inputting that data, a
back end file which I call an engine for submitting the data written in php
and of coarse the database which is in MySQL.
[/quote]

For me the problem is no system really does exactly what I want, the way I want… and conformity is not one of my strong points.

I read through the description. Set up a web demo with estimationPRO. It will provide a solution to everything listed in that comment. Tell them you found their info online and they will show you how their monthly reports track where their leads are coming from. *A great tool for your business to track where leads are coming from!

Hi all,

I don’t want to blatantly advertise, but what do you think about my Roof Calc for mobile phones / iPads, etc? roofing-calculator-for-iphone-android-estimate-any-roof-t10409.html

If you are using this app or think of using it - PLEASE let me know which (new) features you want added to the program.

PS - I already have several modifications in the works - once it’s done, i will announce them - but I really want to hear your thoughts on it.

ALSO

I’m now designing a CRM to be integrated with this app (as well as work separately).

If you were to use it (hypothetically), which functions you would definitely want to see in it, and which would be “most desirable”?

My original spec already meets every aspect on Grumpy’s list (i found that list AFTER i did the spec - guess we are thinking in the same way :slight_smile: ).

What else would you want to see in it?

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!