Scored my first city job

Guys

Just finished a small job for the local city i live in. We replaced the roof on their restrooms and removed the old wood siding and installed Hardie siding and trim. We also repaired the roof on the basketball court. I enclosed a few pics so you can see my new truck logo.

i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab66 … job015.jpg

i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab66 … job012.jpg

deleted

New at this pic uploading.

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab66/noserider/city%20roofing%20job/nassaubaycityjob012.jpg]

Congratulations! I wish you many more milestones.

thumbsup dude!!.. :mrgreen:

truck looks awesome man!!

Thanks guys. I know it’s a small job, even for my little company but i felt like it was a foot in the door to my community and hopefully many larger jobs to come from the city. I started just a few months ago and it’s been both fun and challenging. I have to thank you guys on this forum for helping me along the way. What a wealth of resources you all have been and continue to be. I can’t thank you enough. My website is under construction and not soon enough since my domain is on my truck logo :shock:.

Looks good I like the truck also, make sure to let us know when the sites finished. I tried going and says its under construction.

Oh and while I was at the job yesterday a man walked up and saw my truck and asked if I could check out his leaking skylight. Installing a new one for him next week and also fixing his lead pipe flashings the squirrels have been chewing on. Did not take long for the truck sign to start bringing in some business. Agape you were right about being treated differently. I can tell already how the truck lettering is making us look more professional in the eyes of potential customers. Highly recommend!

Awesome man!! Glad its workin out for ya! The truck really does make a huge difference with peoples perception of your company, no matter what you want them to think about you. lol

Looks great! Roof over a basketball court!?!

I’m glad you asked?? Indeed a roof over the court. Hey it gets pretty hot around these parts. Apparently the customer was pretty happy with our work and asked me today if I would give them a bid to paint the ceiling, wood beams and fascia on the basketball court building. My answer was of course! Now to figure out what the hell I’m supposed to know. The ceiling appears to be 1x6 tongue and groove wood and the beams are wood also. This is not rocket science but I would like to go into this with my eyes open since this is not what we do everyday. I got a price on a trailerable boom lift today and it was $185.00 per day. Seems fair and if I pick it up on a Friday I get the weekend for free if returned Mon morning. I called one of my local commercial paint sales reps today and might be able to get him to come look at the job and give me an idea on which products to use and best application techniques. I’m guessing the job would entail powerwashing the wood without peeling the wood or paint off. Priming the bare stuff and spraying using the lift. There are concrete columns that would need to be covered to keep from overspray. Can you guys suggest what to watch out for or provide any advice on techniques involved to tackle this?? I know this is not a paint forum but many of you do more than roofing and since this started out as a roof post I thought you might give me a little latitude to ask :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks

Good to hear about new businesses being started, and a quality one at that! Keep up the great work and alot more jobs will come your way.
Truck looks awesome!

Good to hear about new businesses being started, and a quality one at that! Keep up the great work and alot more jobs will come your way.
Truck looks awesome!

rent the lift yourself, but sub out the painting, and supervise the whole process from start to finish.

the end.

[quote=“Agape”]rent the lift yourself, but sub out the painting, and supervise the whole process from start to finish.

the end.[/quote]

My plan exactly Jason thanks. Just want to make sure I know enough about what the subs SHOULD know before I find out the hard way.

Nice crisp clean lettering job on the truck. 2 thumbs up on scoring the job.

The lettering looks great. Too bad it’s on a truck that was made by a unethical foriegn company.

It was a gift from my girlfriend. She surprised me with it for my 50th and did not even ask what I wanted. How dare her :smiley:

Man, you guys have basketball courts with hughe roofs on them and girlfriends that think a truck is a good b-day gift? Where are you located exactly?