Shingles

in 1991 when i started as a labor hand we roofed my fathers house with tamko 3tab 20yr… well the house is mine now and this house has been in some pretty good storms. hit by hail, winds from katrina, rita, and gustav. only damage was one shingle blew off. replaced it with same shingle(tamko 3tab) and i’ll be damn if that new shingle isn’t the crappiest looking shingle on the house. today’s products don’t come close to the old stuff(not asphalt). when they say, " they don’t make it like they use to" that means shingles also.

doing roof next week on my vacation. 48sqrs. tamko 30yr

[quote=“nailer71301”]in 1991 when i started as a labor hand we roofed my fathers house with tamko 3tab 20yr… well the house is mine now and this house has been in some pretty good storms. hit by hail, winds from katrina, rita, and gustav. only damage was one shingle blew off. replaced it with same shingle(tamko 3tab) and i’ll be damn if that new shingle isn’t the crappiest looking shingle on the house. today’s products don’t come close to the old stuff(not asphalt). when they say, " they don’t make it like they use to" that means shingles also.

doing roof next week on my vacation. 48sqrs. tamko 30yr[/quote]

Ain’t that the truth.

It is what it is.

There are environmental concerns not to mention availability of raw materials that also dictate what we use today.