Besides the curling and the plumbing issue, what they did was:
Install the rake drip edge ontop of the shingles
Failed to offset the starter course so all the butt joints line up perfectly.
Becuase of that, the only thing protecting the decking on the first 5 or 6 inches was the felt. There is no ice and water dam installed. To be fair, I don’t know that it was widely used in the 80’s. So the first foot or two I’m just going to remove and patch in new plywood for the fix. I hope none of the trusses are damanged.
There is no overhang of the shingles over the drip edge, so when all the granuals come off, they stain the front facia.
They had an “afterthought” metal chimney on the back of the house that was punched through the wall and run outsode in a chase way that was half-assed. They flashed the chimney to the roof with a gallon of cement, layed a bed like they were laying bricks, set 2x4’s into it and spiked it to the roof. That lasted until we moved in, then it started leaking. I removed that chimney this year and will be going with a direct vent stove, so no need to disturb the roof.