Titanium underlayment over felt

Hello,

I just wanted opinions on this. I am replacing a 20 sq. roof and using Interwrap titanium underlayment instead of felt. During the tear off I noticed that most of the felt was in really good shape. Will it cause any problems to install the titanium over the felt as an extra layer of thickness?

Thanks

[quote=“phantom31”]Hello,

I just wanted opinions on this. I am replacing a 20 sq. roof and using Interwrap titanium underlayment instead of felt. During the tear off I noticed that most of the felt was in really good shape. Will it cause any problems to install the titanium over the felt as an extra layer of thickness?

Thanks[/quote]

You can’t inspect the condition of the deck without removing the felt.
Other than that you will have no problems by leaving the existing felt in place and going over it.

[quote="-Axiom-"]

[quote=“phantom31”]Hello,

Thanks[/quote]

You can’t inspect the condition of the deck without removing the felt.
Other than that you will have no problems by leaving the existing felt in place and going over it.[/quote]

Well said, I agree

When we tear we go right to roof deck…always, and if new underlayment is installed PROPERLY why would you need two layers?