Trailer Mat Systems Fall Arrest?

Hi all, recently had to use a trailer mat system for a job up north. for what you pay for them theyre pretty handy bits of gear (as in my experience contractors tend to make you use them at times). what struck me though is that theyre rare as rocking horse dung!

so my question is, what are your experiences on using trailer mat systems to unload sheeting? and do you know of anyone that can supply these? thanks all.

What is a trailer mat system fall arrest? Got and photos?

erm i dont know how to upload pictures, this is the companies website that i used with the pictures of the job that we completed

go to compcosafety .co . uk and click on the most recent news item - it wont let me post links cos im new.

obviously im a roofer from great britain, so things may differ. do you have these in the states?

I have no use for one.,

Althought it would be handy if you were near someone trying to commit suicide by jumping from a building.

You must enjoy wearing the rope and harness.

I myself would love this, if it were more practical for residential. Throw that rope andn harness in the garbage.

[quote=“bcdemon”]
You must enjoy wearing the rope and harness.

I myself would love this, if it were more practical for residential. Throw that rope andn harness in the garbage.[/quote]

yeah its a soft fall arrest system, when you fall on it you actually sink into the air bag (obviously if it was too bouncy you’d just bounce off the bag and fly into something else at speed!) they were really useful I have to say. Dont know if they’d be any use for residential works though. first job ive done in ages where i didnt use a harness - freedom!

Thats pretty neat. Might save some $$ if you grab a few bouncy castles instead

How exactly would you work that around landscape? Not every house is as accessible as a semi sitting in the road.

I dont think as of yet theyre designed to fit around residential works, my area of work tends to be in cladding so for me it was pretty useful. I suppose I could use a few bouncy castles! haha.