Upside down shingles

i wouldnt have posted the picture.

tear it off.
do it rite.

instructions, on wrapper?

gweedo.

call a roofer!!!

yes,call a roofer for sure. It is kinda funny though.

Now I’ve seen it all…

Marshall, if you don’t get photos of that roof, then you owe us a serious explanation. Get to knocking on the 3 neighbors around that house & tell them you’d like to do a free inspection - make up a reason like their chimney flashing looks suspect or something. I don’t know, just get those pics (especially the part about not stair stepping!!!).

Be sure you have some telescoping lens capability!

“J”, what Gweedo said about the butt ends is really the most important reason (out of many) because even though you’re overlapped for water shedding, water can seep between the L & R ends of the shingles & this will result in the potential for leakage on the gaps between the tabs (keyways, as mentioned earlier).

4 Questions I have that don’t do anything to help fix this but give us an idea of what you were thinking:

1. What did you think the tabs were for (or even why it had tabs) as you were putting on shingles?
  2. When you tore off the old shingles (assuming this isn’t a layover), did you notice the tabs pointing downward?
  3. I’m guessing you bought your shingles @ “big box” & nobody asked what color you wanted. If it was a supply house, when you said a color then why didn’t you notice the color wasn’t the same (looks like Weathered Wood to me, however the header is black vs. the off grey of the tabs).
  4. What finally made you realize they were going on upside down?

Finally… other than us anonymous gomers here on the site, who have you told this to?

And your facial is gonna rot from the water running over it. Dude tear them up!. 11" of faical pop 5" lines all the way to the top after the 11. 11" off the side for your turn around (witch you must install!) Pop a 29" + 35" to get a 6" bond line start with a turn around off facial then stagger shingles all the way up. Nail in the proper areas. If you can’t understand any of what I’m saying. Hire a ROOFER!!!

Curious here… can you @ least tell us what state you live in? Maybe even what part of the state?

I’m in Mississippi. I’ve only roofed in MS and Florida for a very short time. I’ve heard of a Texas step for 3 tab. In Florida you have to hurricane nail. In my area 4 nails per 3 tab. 4 nails per common architech, most times i put 5 mostly on steeper pitches.

Correction:

:arrow: