URGENT! Attic Ventillation?

Need help with ventilation. Hope this picture helps.
I have two Gable vent on each side of the house (purple color in picture).
Along With vented drip edge (Green color) and ridge vent.
I believe the insulation that is marked in RED from the area ‘A’ and ‘B’ needs to go.
Also what type of insulation would you put in the knee wall marked ‘A’ & ‘B’ so the its insulates the living
area and allows ventillation.
The second floor has bedrooms on it. Also do I close off the Gable vents in the attic for proper ventillation.

Any link or pictures for the type of insulation would be help full.

Thanks

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/digibeta709/Attic%20vent/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

I have done additions before with vaulted ceilings that I ventilated using styrofoam baffles on underside of roof deck behind insulation. You can get them at most any builders supply store. Pull insulation out, put up continuous baffles to a point extending above top of insulation, put insulation back.

This is a good question for Ed. I’m sure he will reply.

Just wanted to make sure you saw this

You need air to flow from the bottom Intake vents and they MUST be continuous, 100% along the eaves.

The must be at least 1" and preferably 1 1/2" of clear air space above the insulation to flow through.

Usually, wood decking replacement is going on, which makes the installation of the Insulation Baffle Vents easier, but there are creative ways, depending on the situation, to get the baffle vents, also known as Proper Vents, into position.

From there, the entire ridge needs to be vented, preferably with a higher quality product, such as the Shingle Vent II Ridge Vent from Air Vent Corporation.

Please expand on your question about what type of insulation?

Ed

I don’t know if this has been discussed before or not. As far as the baffles are concerned, there are two types. One is plastic the other is styrofoam. I recommend using the plastic because the styro foam can sometimes shrink.

[quote=“ed the roofer”]You need air to flow from the bottom Intake vents and they MUST be continuous, 100% along the eaves.

The must be at least 1" and preferably 1 1/2" of clear air space above the insulation to flow through.

Usually, wood decking replacement is going on, which makes the installation of the Insulation Baffle Vents easier, but there are creative ways, depending on the situation, to get the baffle vents, also known as Proper Vents, into position.

From there, the entire ridge needs to be vented, preferably with a higher quality product, such as the Shingle Vent II Ridge Vent from Air Vent Corporation.

Please expand on your question about what type of insulation?

Ed[/quote]

What I meant to ask was how do you go about insulating the floor in the knee wall attic which is part of the 1st floor ceiling? With the cold air coming in from the soffit. The floor in the knee wall Attic is not insulated.

In the picture it is labelled Attic (w/ blue arrow) next to the Eave. I know I should have labeled something different.

Thanks

When the decking is removed your roofer will have access to insulate the kneewalls.
You should tell him beforehand that you want this done.

Decking is getting replaced now as we speak. I would appreciate if some body can reply quick.

Red marked area in the picture is the insulation. Front of the house is the left side of the picture.

Does the baffle between the rafter go from Soffit all the way to ridge or do you just bring it above the Attic insulation and stop there?

Also on the back dormer side what is recommended? Do you put one baffle per bay to clear the insulation in the Eave and stop?

Thanks
MP

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/digibeta709/Attic%20vent/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

[quote]… just bring it above the Attic insulation and stop there.

…put one baffle per bay to clear the insulation in the Eave and stop. [/quote]

Yes