VET NEEDS HELP (opinion), See Pictures. How do I make sure they fix it right?

So I shouldn’t be able to see the where the edge of the house siding cuts off and the new shingle starts? I callled two roofing companies to come out and look at the job because Iknow the skylight wasn’t taken out for the new roofing, shoud it have been? Also the trim work was banged up should they replace it? They also stapled into door frames which I can paint over it’s just frustrating I have more holes than when I had the old roof. SO is the apron flashing what they hid on the insdie or is that something else? Is it more expensive to have it exposed? Thank you. I am a veteran as well I am mad that people take advntage especially since I am a woman. I know more than they think I do.

Here is near the top over the garage. I have several others. It just doesn’t look good like I said when we sell others will see this too.

Here is the front that faces the street. You can clearly see the gap. This picture is on it’s side it was right side up when I loaded it.

That gap was caused because the height of the new roof is different than the old roof. That can happen when you remove a roof (cedar) and replace with a different type (asphalt). Not a fault of the roofers and you were not “taken advantage of”. Your options would be to have the roofers come back and install a " counter flashing" grinded into the stucco to hide the gap (as said this would be an extra expense and not part of the original job) or have a stucco guy come out and extend it down closer to the shingles.

1 Like

P.s. this is not the “apron flashing” that authentic dad and axiom were talking about. This is “step flashing” you are seeing.

Not your roofers fault.
A piece of flashing can be installed over the steps to hide them. It only needs to go under the stucco 1/4", shouldn’t require a grinder.
I would be charging you for this if I did your roof.

Also we will need to see pics of the “banged up trim work” to be able to say if it should be replaced. And no the skylight does not need to be removed unless you are replacing it. Staples into the door frame was dumb and no they should not have done that.

P.s. most competing roofers will bash the quality of theroof when they come out just to justify their inspection fee.