Water running behind gutter

Hello, I have water running behind gutters & down fascia on my house. I have drip edge installed but doesn’t come down into the gutters. I want to install a piece of flashing behind drip edge down into gutters, how do I attach the flashing to keep wind from blowing it off, do I attach to fascia or to the gutters?
Thank you for any assistance,
Mike

I would be more concerned with WHY water is getting under your drip edge.

[quote=“mike43302”]Hello, I have water running behind gutters & down fascia on my house. I have drip edge installed but doesn’t come down into the gutters. I want to install a piece of flashing behind drip edge down into gutters, how do I attach the flashing to keep wind from blowing it off, do I attach to fascia or to the gutters?
Thank you for any assistance,
Mike[/quote]

Siding trim nails (use a pea shooter), zip screws, pop rivets. Listed in order of ease of use.

Cordless drill and small screws into the fascia board but as someone else mentioned, that won’t help if it’s leaking at the bottom of the roof due to some other reason beyond the drip edge being too short. Most likely the gutter was hung too low and your last roofers failed to make up for it by using a larger special made drip edge. Is the water coming out from under the drip edge or just running down the “outside” of the drip edge and then going in behind the gutter?

Water is just running outside the drip edge & behind the gutters.

Attach the apron flashing/counter flashing w/colored rivets that match or zip screws that match.