Weird water drip off facia

I noticed ( Yup Im anal ) a water drip here and there coming off the bottom of the facia where it meets the soffit behind the gutter. Here it what seems to be happening tell me if this makes sense. My house had wood soffit and facia and when I had the roof torn off and redone 11 yrs ago I had them take the gutters down ( .032 Alcoa ) I had them put up aluminum facia and center vent vinyl soffit. Now when I noticed the water drips during rain storms I got under the soffit and popped of a pc so I could look at the roof decking from under the soffit and it seems all dry. But the water seems to be dripping from between the old orignal wood facia and the aluminum facia. But when looking over the top of the gutter what seems to be happening is that water is trickling off the drip edge and where there is a joint in the aluminum facia where it overlaps each other that water can seep into this joint and follow the back side of the aluminum facia to the 90 deg bend that holds the soffit and drip off. I don’t assume this will hurt anything as my old wood soffit is painted with many coats of paint over cedar. Does this make sense ? I just didn’t want it to be a leak in the roof and its getting behind the drip edge and coming down but I don’t think its that. Most of the drips are close to a joint in the facia. Well off to analyze some other stuff !

No ideas ??

No ideas ??

Don’t worry about it…

Really ? Or are you just blowing me off. I just dont want to have problems down the road and Im afraid if I try to caulk all the joints I may eiter trap water in someplace or the caulk wont hold for good anyway. Thank you :mrgreen:

Well…
I have never seen a case of the water dripping over the t-drip then getting under the facia.
Unless the facia is obviously installed incorrectly.
Perhaps your gutters are leaking?

again I think its getting behind the facia where the pcs overlap each other. Then when water runs off the lip of the drip edge it can get between the facia pcs where they overlap. Again its not running out it just a few drips here and there most near a joint or lap of the facia. The gutter does not go all the way up to the dripedge. It does in the center of the front of the house but then slopes down on either end. It is a hipped roof ranch about 58 ft long. So for the most part the gutter edge is below the drip edge.

again I think its getting behind the facia where the pcs overlap each other. Then when water runs off the lip of the drip edge it can get between the facia pcs where they overlap. Again its not running out it just a few drips here and there most near a joint or lap of the facia. The gutter does not go all the way up to the dripedge. It does in the center of the front of the house but then slopes down on either end. It is a hipped roof ranch about 58 ft long. So for the most part the gutter edge is below the drip edge.

Do the shingles over hang the drip edge?

the starter and first course should overhang the drip edge"never flush" by about a 1/2" or more without gutters.Guys that go flush have this problem. cappilary action “wicking”.

slight overlap, you dont think its gettin in the facia lap joints ? If it was wiching it still couldn’t get under the ice and water that is sealed to the to of the drip right ??

Can you post a picture?
It is not likely for the water to get under the Ice & water shield.

The gutter should be up under the drip edge as high as possible at the gutters highest point. Sometimes toward the end of a long run the pitch drops low enough that water sometimes runs behind the gutter. This can be fixed by slipping a piece of metal up under the drip edge and allowing in to extend down into the gutter. Use pop rivets to secure it in place.

A picture would be helpful because sometimes when people cap wood fascia with aluminum they incorporate a built in drip edge. Bending the aluminum into a ‘Z’ shape and creating a one piece cap/drip. Water can get behind this easily.

there is a reason why i do not like gutters,
fasha cover, etc.

gweedo.