What are you guys paying for product?

If you choose to reply, try to keep it somewhat on topic & in an easy format.

Supplier: Nationwide “to the trade” supplier.
Roof Loaded Delivery / Fuel Surcharge: $ 25.00 (same price for ground drop).

All prices are on a ‘typical’ per each.
Tamko Heritage Metric 30 AR: $ 16.00
Tamko 20 Year type Hip & Ridge, AR: $ 13.00
Elk Royal Prestique Stainguard: $ 17.70
Owens Corning Classic 3 Tab: $ 12.60
Elk Starter: $ 13.00
Atlas 15 #: $ 13.00
CertainTeed Roofer’s Select: $ 18.50
Neoprene 3 in 1’s, aluminum base: 4.00
Lead Jack, 1½": $ 9.00
Lead Jack, 2": $ 9.50
GAF Cobra III: $ 8.50
Lomanco 12" Turbine, brown: $ 45.00
DL Drip Edge, Mill: $ 2.99
DL Drip Edge, White: $ 3.49
Xtrabond 2500 Clear (sealant): $ 4.00 (same for GeoCel or ChemLink)
Henry Elastic Seal, Gallon: $ 9.33

½" OSB with SolarBond or ReflecTech type foil: $ 10.00

That should get everyone started…

bundle or square ?

think about it… if it is per sq wouldn’t that be really cheap ???

It is per per bundle so multiply by how many per sq to get your per sq price.

I don’t know anyone paying 16 per sq for a dimensional and I know you dont either.

Outside of a few cents here or there the prices are in line with what we are paying in the New York and Florida market. Every one is getting wacked with the fuel surcharge. I will pay more for a product to receive better service form a supplier. This will eliminate a few headaches.

That is Extremely cheap on the Roofer’s Select.
Menards has a product called “Gorilla Felt” or something that is almost as musch as Roofer’s Select.
I pay about $23 a roll----- by the pallet

439 for O/C Classics? That IS inflation!!
We are getting a 5% price increase 8/01/07. My LM’s will be the same as your Heritage

[quote=“twill59”]That is Extremely cheap on the Roofer’s Select.
Menards has a product called “Gorilla Felt” or something that is almost as musch as Roofer’s Select.
I pay about $23 a roll----- by the pallet[/quote]

I’d stay away from the Menards stuff, most of the materials they carry is cheap, compared to say Home Depot, IMO.

I’m paying about $21 or 22 a roll for the Roofer Sellect, could be cheaper by the pallet though. I like paying more for the Roofer Sellect because it’s so much better than say Tarco felt.

With all the work this year being insurance work, don’t really look at the lumber yard invoices anymore. I know I’m buying more shingles from my yard than their biggest builder so they are going to stay competative with the prices.

$100 a job less would not be tempting enough for me to switch yards. Only thing I don’t like about my yard is their not open Sat or Sun.

I am using the Select dougger. It doesn’t look like I made that clear. But we use it and sometimes give the SureStartPlus warranties
But unfortunately I am paying $24 a roll when buying it by the pallet.
The Menard’s stuff I know about 'cause I see it in their advertiser.

[quote=“twill59”]I am using the Select dougger. It doesn’t look like I made that clear. But we use it and sometimes give the SureStartPlus warranties
But unfortunately I am paying $24 a roll when buying it by the pallet.
The Menard’s stuff I know about 'cause I see it in their advertiser.[/quote]

I’ve yet to offer an actual warranty with the certs from Certainteed. How do you go about getting the extra warranty?

Thanks.

Hi dougger. You, and your employees, have to pass their tests and become a Select Shingler company. You can get all of the info from them. They are easy to work with.

The SureStartPlus warranties cost $1-7 per sq. I have credits w/ CT that I use to give mine away, so I, or the customer, rarely buy them.
I give these to my preferred customers

So everyone laying the shingles has to pass the test in order to get the extra sure start warranty?

Putting Premiums on the retired head inspector of Minneapolis’s roof this weekend and was thinking about trying his roof for the firt warranty.

The adjuster and I figured a 30 year laminate into the estimate but after tearing off the first couple shingles this morning found them to be much heavier than 30 years. Took a shingle and had another adjuster measure the thickness and found them to be an honest 50 year laminate from 1989. The shingles are standard size as in 3ft by 1ft with a 5in exposure and figured they were the old Landmarks until the large Timbertex ridge was spotted.

Called off the load of Landmark 30 Weather Wood in favor of the Landmark Premium Weather Wood. The home owner and myself are going to keep a few of the old shingles so we can measure them with the adjuster or send pictures if he has a hard time paying.

Heck I’m not sure about the requirements right now dougger. Easy enough to find out tho. All my guys are, so it’s not on issue or anything that I think about.

Landmarks did not come out until 1996, 97 or 1998. Somewhere in there