What type of valley is this? Closed valley?

There seems to be mixed opinions on this valley. I posted another photo of the other valley. The topic is “VALLEY QUIZ”

Do you still think this is a correct method. I’m no roofer, but common sense
tells me that this is wrong. Not exactly a cut right down the middle with shingle
edges sticking out to collect debris.

I’ve looked a tons of houses in my area and I’m yet to see one done like this.

i didn`t notice that the lower overlay did not go all the way,optical illusion w/that starter there,i would at least want the respective lower valley courses to finish out to the valley cut line

[quote=“don222”]There seems to be mixed opinions on this valley. I posted another photo of the other valley. The topic is “VALLEY QUIZ”

Do you still think this is a correct method. I’m no roofer, but common sense
tells me that this is wrong. Not exactly a cut right down the middle with shingle
edges sticking out to collect debris.

I’ve looked a tons of houses in my area and I’m yet to see one done like this.[/quote]

roofing buster is wrong and I wouldn’t roof like that on a dog house. My partner kept doing those valleys and I kept ripping them up and doing them over the right way, at a great expense to me. He finally started realizing that I wasn’t going to the next job until those were replaced and started doing them right again. Even if the manufacturer says I CAN do them that way, I won’t. It’s ugly at least.

Tamko vally, read the bundle wrapper of a Tamko. this type of vally is recomended for there shingles. “no im not kidding”

RooferJim

[quote=“RooferJ”]Tamko vally, read the bundle wrapper of a Tamko. this type of vally is recomended for there shingles. “no im not kidding”

RooferJim[/quote]

hahahaha

i think we have a young gun in the house,
that has taken a freindly shot at us old schoolers.

a young gun indeed.

is the marksman mortal or god ?
that is the question.

gweedo

I will say that tanko vallys do not leak.

RooferJim

I do homes for Baywest,Greenboro,Morrison,Jaymen and some small timers. This is the way they prefer there closed valleys. I only do a closed valley after 9/12. Anything lower we use metal.
Ill show you a profile of mu y houses ive done in the last couple weeks.
So expect to be amazed.

[quote=“RooferJ”]I will say that tanko vallys do not leak.

RooferJim[/quote]

I can see that they won’t leak, but that would never fly in an upscale neighborhood, they look like chit.

dun…dun…dun

[quote=“marshall exteriors”]

dun…dun…dun[/quote]

Seriously.