White roofs?

Hello:

Does roofing material for homes and businesses come in the color white? For example, does modified bitumen come in white (or a color close to it)?

Please advise.

Thanks!

V.

yes, there are white roofing products, more popular in hotter climates, and probably just better anyway in all climates by reflecting the sun. There is white rubber, modified bitumen, pvc, tpo. Plus something else popular in hotter climates nicknamed “cool roofs”, I think this is what Aaron B. and Gweedo say is SPF, so stick around for their answers, they’ll show sooner or later. But yes, there are MANY white roofing products and they’re energy efficient and probably last longer than the black ones.

thank you s&g,

hello my vykyng,
yes there is white metal.
make sure it is white painted over galvalume.
so you dont have rusting problems.

and yes spray polyurothane foam is doing very well.
exspecially on flat roofs.
you can get that in any color like paints.
the metal i still think has its standard colors.

i am a fan of the mill finish (metal) cause i can see the pixels of the galvalume coating.
its pretty simple if its not galvalume, copper, or stainless, its
going to rott in the salt air of pinellas county.

let us know were you at.
there may be a member in your neck a the woods.

gweedo

Yes, there are white modified bitumens. Here is a link to one of the better ones in my opinion if you want to avoid granule-surfaced membranes:

derbigumus.com/derbibrite.html

Of course, there are several manufacturer’s that make granule-surfaced modified bitumens in white and several other colors. What kind of structure are you looking to have roofed?

[quote=“Cerberus”]Yes, there are white modified bitumens. Here is a link to one of the better ones in my opinion if you want to avoid granule-surfaced membranes:

derbigumus.com/derbibrite.html

Of course, there are several manufacturer’s that make granule-surfaced modified bitumens in white and several other colors. What kind of structure are you looking to have roofed?[/quote]

I think the granular surfaces erode, and the granules erode the membrane itself. Just a theory.

How are you Cerb? A little quiet lately.

debibrite is not granular surfaced it is smooth surfaced but,it is pricey.however imo its the best mod bit there is.

I don’t know if you were replying to me, but I obviously already knew Derbibrite wasn’t granule-surfaced membrane. That is why I suggested it, but I also mentioned the granule-surfaced modified bitumens as an option.

As for Severance and Gallant’s question, I’ve just been busy and haven’t had the time to post as much. I’ll be around next week, but after than I’m going to Playa del Carmen Mexico, then up to Dallas, Texas, so you won’t be hearing from me for a couple of weeks.

TPO GAF rapid seam?

yes