Wind damage to one slope of garage

A few weeks ago the wind ripped off 3/4 of the shingles on the South side of my garage. They basically came off in one big sheet. The roofer that came to inspect showed me how the previous home owner didn’t use enough and/or the correct location for the nails.

The insurance company obviously only wants to replace the one damaged side. If I do this; eventually the wind will rip off the North side that isn’t nailed down correctly.

Is there anything I can do to get a full roof replacement? Ridge cap mismatched with half replacement?

Garage is 6 to 8 years old.

Thanks,
Reggie

Honestly, I don’t feel its your insurance company’s responsibility to replace the side with no damage. First, are you sure the other side is improperly nailed too? The side that blew off could have been installed by a sloppy inexperienced guy on the crew with no supervision (not trying to defend poor work just making a statement). Yes your ridge caps might have a very slight color difference but not enough to warrant replacing the other face, unless you want to pony up the $ to do it.

There are plenty of contractors who like to cheat the insurance but I don’t want to be a part of it. And really I don’t know how they get away with it. I have inspected plenty of roofs for hail damage and found none, then a few weeks later find out they found someone who got their roof replaced by the insurance for “hail damage”. I truly believe there is some shady things going on between some insurance adjusters and these storm chasing roofers. If you find the right roofer he might be able to get your other side replaced for free but imo replacing that section in your situation is like expecting to get parts of your car that were not damaged in an accident replaced.

That’s true, unless I tear some shingles off on the “good” side; I can’t confirm they’re just like the damaged side. The whole garage was put up by the previous home owner and this is why I’m confident it will be the same story.

I’d like to steel the whole thing and have a better chance of avoiding this mess down the road.

Color is far from close due to the existing being weather so bad.

I’m trying to upload a close up showing the physical differences from new to old. The sizes of the “tabs” aren’t the same.

Am I just SOL in this situation?

I don’t know what they were going for, but that is not the same colour at all
Old shingles look like timberline weatherwood, I don’t recognize the new ones.