Winter depression

Hey guys, roofing has never been easy up in north jersey or anywhere else where theres harsh winters but after 20 yrs of it its wearing thin. Trying to keep busy each day without going to the bar every day or laying on the couch has become a battle. Actually feel better about myself having a few beers with the guys than just hanging home.
Anyone else feel this way? im running out of ideas to put together a strategy for the next season
This really is getting old! sorry to bring anyone down, not my intention
Any help?

I’ve dealt with the same. It’s been solid snow here for weeks. I know it isn’t what you want to hear but I hit the gym every night. Since I can’t be physical at work, I do it before home. It wakes me up and improves my mood so I don’t have problems with the family as well.

Just a thought.

thanks man, makes alot of sense! funny thing is i do workout with weights alot especially during the winter months, 2 weeks ago I pulled a hernia. So there goes that. Guess ill get on the dusty treadmill lol. Spring cannot come soon enough. Just feel like a bum doing not anything for weeks. I did see your post about rental propeerties i do own a few if you want to discuss the pros and cons
Appreciate the reply

Same here. I’m about to strangle every person I meet. My fuse is so short right now it scares me.

Have to try to stay positive and keep pushing.There is never standing still, your either pushing forward or going backwards. never get in the habbit of drinking with your guys. Be friendly with them, but a slight distance and decorum is best.

New construction Winter roofing $40-65 a square, one square an hour average tops, $50 per hour tops.

Ice steaming $300-375 an hour per person.

No brainer…

Wished I would have gotten into it sooner.

hahaha man i cant wait till the 1st snowfall and i get laid off. after working like a slave all summer i enjoy my 3-4 months off. get my home renos done ski drink beer and put on some winter weight before the next season starts. but here in canada we get employment insurence so that helps

I feel your pain. We have got signed contracts already but cant get the weather to cooperate. What I’ve been doing is picking up small inside jobs such as painting and remodels but they are few and far between too. Try to keep your head up spring is on its way. :slight_smile:

thanks guys, just venting. Have been plowing but not enough to pay the bills.
Cant wait till spring for all of us!

@agape - I though you were selling roofs left and right… I guess come spring you will be on a roll again…

@Jim - you are right - never drink beers with your guys, because at work they will be like “hey buddy, why do i need to work so hard” :shock:

[quote="LAMetalRoofs@Jim - you are right - never drink beers with your guys, because at work they will be like “hey buddy, why do i need to work so hard” :shock:[/quote]
agreed.[/quote]

I am so ready for SPRING.Too much snow.Maybe I will be a little more prepared and research some proper ice/snow removal for next winter. :smiley:

Thanks Skytech. We have have put the remodels on hold. Looks like we bought a new building for our Colorado Springs Branch that needs some remodel. Nice to finally have something to do.

We roof year around but if i had the free time. Id be playing xbox 360 black ops!

Heck im sitting right now with the sports center on the tv looking out a window and doing nothing other than taxes next week.

Got plenty of skiing in so far this winter, managed to get a trip down south,(Dominican Republic).

Have all equipment well maintained ready to go in the spring.
Managed to get a few small renovations done around the house which have been put off for years.

Also started a sprayfoam insulation business and it has keep us busy on those cold and snowy days.

Looking forward to the beginning of spring to get back into the swing of things.

[quote=“tumpline”]Got plenty of skiing in so far this winter, managed to get a trip down south,(Dominican Republic).

Have all equipment well maintained ready to go in the spring.
quote]

Oil changes, check
Tires replaced,check
Guns cleaned and repaired,check
Hydraulic service,check
Tires rotated,check
New Yard signs,check
Compressors serviced,check
New Magnets,check
Taxes squared away,close
Wife on my nerves,check, check and check.
Ready for Spring? BRING IT,.[/quote]

tarp it and roof it