Xactimate 120,000 SQ FT of FLOATING 26 gauge metal roof!

Working on a supplemental scope for an insurance job we are doing. I’ve got 9 floating boat docks with over 120,000 SQ FT of 26 gauge ribbed metal roof :shock: . My question is has anyone written an Xactimate scope (or any scope or bid for insurance repair), on a floating structure? I’m wondering what I can add additionally for working on water (safety, access, etc).
Anyone have any suggestions or examples that have been accepted by insurance adjuster/carrier?

These are large multi-slip floating boat docks for a condo/resort on a very large lake. I do not wish to disclose location and carrier. Just looking for ideas from someone who may have ideas or experience with type of loss.

Thanks!

Need more info:
Pictures
What state
What carrier
Are the docks actually floating or is there wheels attached

I wonder if you need fall protection if your landing is the water lol.

No fall protection, just life jackets lol

Better lanyard off your tools, I,ve lost a few drills and hammer,knife,etc working above the water. I preferred t be in a rope and harness then wearing a big bulky life jacket.

Were this me, I would first contact the appropriate authorities who would govern any building/construction activities for the area you are doing the work in. See if you can determine there are any specific safety or other measures you must take in order to do this work. Just as an example, perhaps they have a documented requirement for using tarps or other devices to prevent any debris from falling into the water. If they do, you need to get a copy of this documentation.

I would then recommend you sit down and invest the time in flow charting, listing or however you feel most comfortable the step by step process you would employ to do this work. After you’ve done that, you can see if there are any steps of the process you plan to use that are different or outside the scope of loss or your own existing estimate. Carefully consider the labor hours and any material you would require for these unique steps. Price them out as you would for any type of job. Utilize the USR item in Xactimate to insert a custom line item. Describe it. If it is being done because of a regulation from that local authority, include that document to support these custom items.

It is my opinion you shouldn’t look for items to add to artificially inflate your estimate. If you have a justifiable need, then put it down and be firm about getting paid. If it is purely fluff, don’t add it. I think most Adjusters can see through that kind of crap and it can make them more inclined to deny your valid requests.

Once you’ve completed your estimate, review it with the property owner(s) and explain the items that are outside the norm and why they are needed. Ask them to sign your estimate. Explain to them you will likely need their support in getting the estimate approved. Submit your estimate.

Good luck.