Xactimate Dumping Questions

How do you guys itemize in Xactimate for the removal of old shingles?

On the line item for tear off it says (240S)-------->>>>>

“Includes: Dump fees, hauling, disposal, and labor to remove composition shingles.
Note: If additional layers are to be removed and disposed of, use additional item RFG ADDRMV. Removal cost is based on hauling done with contractor’s own equipment. If haul off is to be estimated separately or if the removal is being estimated with a dumpster (DMO DUMP*) or other equipment, use item RFG ARMVN.”

So it seems that this price is based if I have my own dump trailer. Or when it says my own equipment, is it implying that the dumpster is my equipment. Im somewhat confused. What do you guys use?

RFG 240 -

Most insurance carriers use the code RFGARMV for removal. If there is a second layer then couple that with RFGADDRMV.

This code includes the dump costs.

Being as im in the roofing business, not the insurance business i would use the code that charges for a dumpster! We have no problem charging for it and getting it.

[quote=“BigfootRoofing”]How do you guys itemize in Xactimate for the removal of old shingles?

On the line item for tear off it says (240S)-------->>>>>

“Includes: Dump fees, hauling, disposal, and labor to remove composition shingles.
Note: If additional layers are to be removed and disposed of, use additional item RFG ADDRMV. Removal cost is based on hauling done with contractor’s own equipment. If haul off is to be estimated separately or if the removal is being estimated with a dumpster (DMO DUMP*) or other equipment, use item RFG ARMVN.”

So it seems that this price is based if I have my own dump trailer. Or when it says my own equipment, is it implying that the dumpster is my equipment. Im somewhat confused. What do you guys use?[/quote]

We typically use the line item for which ever shingle is being removed.

From what I can tell RFGARMV is the exact same price as the removal line item such as RFG240.
You must keep in mind that RFGARMV is only for 3 tab make sure you make the appropriate changes needed so that you are not short changing yourselves.

You really have to be careful doing this. Many times you can short change the job significantly by creating the estimate in Xactimate this way. Sometimes it would be best to play with the estimate a little bit before submitting for supplement.

One thing I have a problem with is none of these line items account for ANY Job-site Cleanup. This is a significant portion of the job, yet it is as if Xactware totally overlooked this portion of the work.

There is a difference in the “haul off” and “No haul off” via Xactmate.

In my area, If you use code RFGARMV which includes haul off the cost is $40.95/Sq.

If you used RFGARMVN “No Haul Off” then the cost is $28.45/Sq. Of course, then you would add the appropriate dumpster size when using this code in Xactimate.

Both of these codes are defined by Xactimate as follows:

“Labor cost to remove shingles and felt and to discard in a job-site waste receptacle.”

[quote=“jtdew”]There is a difference in the “haul off” and “No haul off” via Xactmate.

In my area, If you use code RFGARMV which includes haul off the cost is $40.95/Sq.

If you used RFGARMVN “No Haul Off” then the cost is $28.45/Sq. Of course, then you would add the appropriate dumpster size when using this code in Xactimate.

Both of these codes are defined by Xactimate as follows:

“Labor cost to remove shingles and felt and to discard in a job-site waste receptacle.”[/quote]

Damn that line item pays well where you are…$34.65 here.